Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
James
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an i4 so I just wanna get that out of the way.

This issue applies to everyone anyway. My current exhaust set-up is like this: headers to test pipe to straight pipe to muffler.

I removed the factory cat, resonator and muffler and replaced those components with larger diameter piping, a test pipe and a Skunk2 Mega Power muffler.

Unfortunately, I'm getting a huge amount of drone on the highway. Its far too loud. I went online and started seeing information about high flow resonators such as Vibrant performance bottle style resonators. Anyone have experience with these? Or similar products? I'm interested in hearing if they actually work

·
frumaroll
2,048 Posts
vibrant resonators will def quiet it down and clean the sound up a bit. BUT its still going to be loud lol.

·
Mr. Detail
1,136 Posts
I had to go with a resonator and a turbo muffler (not a straight thru design, but still a lot better than OEM) to quiet down my 4th gen Accord enough to make road trips tolerable. Had a header, high flow cat and a 2.25" cat back.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Go on magnaflow look at there round mufflers like a 4 inch round one and find the part number then go to amazon or ebay and find them for super cheap

·
James
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its not that the noise bothers me... I kinda like it... but over time the drone becomes more of a dull buzz in my head and I can't be having that all the time.

so I think i'm going to try out one of these 18" vibrant bottle style ones. They're under 100 bucks and everything I've read says that they work pretty good. Worth a shot...

Only question.. do I go for the ULTRA QUIET or just the normal one? Price diff is about 30 bucks

·
James
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
also the overall diameter of the regular bottle one is 3 1/2". The overall diameter on the ultra quiet is 6.75". Thats a HUGE difference and I'm pretty low so I don't want this thing to get scraped off on a speed bump... all opinions are appreciated.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have a 6 inch diameter magnaflow reso it depends on placement mine is 36 inches in length so there wasnt too many diffetent places to put it magnaflow makes an oval one that will fit and increase ground clearence you may want to check out also I bought my resonator for 88 bucks on ebay the dimensions were 3x6x36

·
James
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the advice fellas

1 - 9 of 9 Posts