Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first time poster. never had to post before because of SEARCH (remember that, kiddies!).

i bought the accord with stock shocks and MAXspeed springs as the suspension, but was unhappy with the ride (isn't MAXspeed ultra-cheep, ebay springs anyway?) seeing that i was only going to use the car for daily driving and not racing (though i plan to take it to the strip one of these days) i went with eibach pro-kit (new from an ebay store) and koni reds (new from shox.com) left at factory settings. result 9 months after the change:

i'm even more unhappy due to the look. i thought the springs would settle and it would look better, but after so many months, it looks the same. i looked this boat-look thing up in the forums, and it seems to be normal for the pro-kits, but is the front really supposed to be that high? it looks like it's higher than what it would be with an oem suspension.

so what do i do now? is this acceptable? is there a way to lower the front? are the koni reds to blame? if so, what should shocks should replace them with? is it a good idea to change the front spings out for another brand or lower springs and leave the rear as is? do i have to change all of the springs?

thanks for the help.

·
Banned
5,438 Posts
something is wrong ?

I have seen cars lowered with prokits, and konis, and the wheel gap was very minimal with 18" rims.

Eibach is a good company, so i don't see the reason that they are crap....

are the konis adjustable ?

·
Registered
86 Posts
his car is sitting wayyy to high for pro kits, i got them on my car and i still have oem wheels and they have less clearance than that. i wouldn't know about the shocks being the problem but that would be my first guess. im using kyb agx.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
as soon as i saw the car like that from the auto shop, i called eibach to make sure it was installed correctly by comparing the numbers on the springs. they are installed correctly.
the koni reds are internally adjustable, but isn't that just for stiffness? I have a friend who will stiffen the shocks for me (about 70% in the back, about 30% in the front).
i bought the v6 springs. should i get the 4cyl ones instead? and what are the risks of just changing the front springs out with, say, the H&R sports?
i should contact eibach and see what they say.

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
Check the perch mount on the front, it's probably up a notch too high and the rear a notch too low

·
Registered
345 Posts
bustedryde said:
Hmm...are the springs mixed up (ie back are installed in the front and vice versa?)?

i think if he did that the front would be really low and the back would be really high, since the stronger spring would be on the lighter rear and the softer spring would be on the heavier front. i was gonna say the same thing until i thought about it more

·
Large Member
505 Posts
My ride is on Pro-kits and KYB AGXs. The front is higher on mine but not that much. Looks like your shocks are shot in the back like someone said or the springs were improperly installed in the front. You can go with H&R springs in the front with no side-affects. I had Progress Group Springs all around but the ride was terrible and I scraped the splash guard under the engine and my exhaust over the smallest speed bumps and driveways. I wouldn't go any lower than a 2" drop in the front if you want a decent ride. I was at about 2.5" all around and hated the ride.

·
the Lost Sol
2,198 Posts
wow that shiet is was higher than my stock o_0

·
bryan <3's bomex
6,071 Posts
NexsoN said:
hey, the reason why you have such a wide/high wheel gap (the boat look) is because you have v6 springs, clearly the reason is because the v6 springs are made for a heavier engine, these specific springs are made for the weight of the v6 engine, if your car was v6, the engine would be 50 pounds more, allowing the springs to drop by settling in with more weight, and cleary your lower in the back because the back doesnt matter, because there is no engine there!!, you need to buy the 4cyl springs in order for the drop to be correct.
dude, he has a v6

·
Banned
475 Posts
I was considering aftermarket springs...until I read many threads on this (and other) sites.

Obviously these various spring suppliers ALL have quality control problems. Some people have "good luck" with one brand and then put down the other. The truth of the matter is that they're all iffy.

And even if the car does sit "level," who's to say that the springs are truly equal in rate?

No thanks.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts