Accord V6 Forum banner

Which Rims Look Better?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a new set of rims b/c i am about sick of the stock ones on there. I have a 1999 Honda Accord Coupe - black and have done the following mods:
AEM V2 Intake
UR Pullies
DIY Blackhouse Headlights
Kenwood XXV Headunit
SWI-X Interface

Now its about time for Riims. I was thinking that black or gunmetal might look the best on my car - but am not really sure. Any rim suggestions and pics? Should I go with 18 or stay with 17's? From everyone else's experience - what looks the best.........where can I get them. Any pics of your rims might help. Thanks everyone in advance!!! :D

·
Registered
896 Posts
Depending on your budget and whether you are perofrmance oriented. Our v6s have such weak trannies and poor low end, i would recommend that you get something that is on the light side. Forged rims are quite a bit stronger than cast rims. So if you want something that will last and not slow down your car look for something light and forged. If you are just going for looks, then just get anything that looks good to you. Volks are good because they are forged and light. But it really does depend on your intentions and your budget.
Hope that helps.

Alan

·
Old Member
8,915 Posts
i like those ones that u posted, gunmetal looks ok on certain cars depending on what color it is but i prefer gloss black w/ a polish or chrome lip. I would go with 18's because 17's look small on our car. Some other site to check out is wheelmax.com

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the people who posted here and gave their opinion. I have decided to get the Volk GT-7 18' rims. Thanks Alan...you get what you pay for...and damn those rims would look sweet on my black accord coupe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts