Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all -

looking to get 20" rims for my car, I have run a search on 20's on the site, have even gone through the coupe and sedan pix pages...the ones I like the most is the konig unknowns (nikki has em)

2 questions arise as I want to get this right and will be purchasing rims in the very near future:

1) for those of you that have 20's, would you suggest 20 x 7.5 or 8"? I was think of getting 8" since some of you even have 8.5" but I want absolutely no rubbing. Also, tire size is important and was thinking of getting 235/35/20, or would you suggest 225?

2) Any other lipped rims you guys may fancy that I haven't seen yet? I am open to opinions on rims and pix of them. I'm still undecided but am leaning towards the konigs.

and I know I know, mad forums on this, I want to make absolutely sure I'm not gonna rub, even if someone is in the back seat, I have a 1.3 inch drop in the back and a 1.5 inch drop in the front.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
jason2713 said:
Hey all -

looking to get 20" rims for my car, I have run a search on 20's on the site, have even gone through the coupe and sedan pix pages...the ones I like the most is the konig unknowns (nikki has em)

2 questions arise as I want to get this right and will be purchasing rims in the very near future:

1) for those of you that have 20's, would you suggest 20 x 7.5 or 8"? I was think of getting 8" since some of you even have 8.5" but I want absolutely no rubbing. Also, tire size is important and was thinking of getting 235/35/20, or would you suggest 225?

2) Any other lipped rims you guys may fancy that I haven't seen yet? I am open to opinions on rims and pix of them. I'm still undecided but am leaning towards the konigs.

and I know I know, mad forums on this, I want to make absolutely sure I'm not gonna rub, even if someone is in the back seat, I have a 1.3 inch drop in the back and a 1.5 inch drop in the front.
thats a minimal drop, i doubt ull rub on any 20s. drew has 20 x 8.5 and hes dropped at least 3 inches all around. hes had 4 ppl in the car before and its fine...he has tein ss and is dropped to the lowest point possible lol.
i think if u do get 20s though, u may need to revisit your cars stance, because i fear that 20s on an accord with 1.5 inch drop will still have that 4 x 4 effect.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wj4 said:
thats a minimal drop, i doubt ull rub on any 20s. drew has 20 x 8.5 and hes dropped at least 3 inches all around. hes had 4 ppl in the car before and its fine...he has tein ss and is dropped to the lowest point possible lol.
i think if u do get 20s though, u may need to revisit your cars stance, because i fear that 20s on an accord with 1.5 inch drop will still have that 4 x 4 effect.

great, glad to hear this won't be a problem...if it comes down to it, ill just get some coil overs or something and adjust it how I want it. I have had the tein basics before and hated them (the ride was soooo rough and I live in baltimore city with mad pot holes!) I'll end up getting the tein ss if it comes down to it and make it as soft as possible :)

any other suggestions in rim choice? ive seen about 4-5 choices on this site, none of which I've loved....the konigs I've seen in person and love em. Pix do them no justice at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
jason2713 said:
great, glad to hear this won't be a problem...if it comes down to it, ill just get some coil overs or something and adjust it how I want it. I have had the tein basics before and hated them (the ride was soooo rough and I live in baltimore city with mad pot holes!) I'll end up getting the tein ss if it comes down to it and make it as soft as possible :)

any other suggestions in rim choice? ive seen about 4-5 choices on this site, none of which I've loved....the konigs I've seen in person and love em. Pix do them no justice at all.
would be nice to hear what your budget is for the wheels...
btw this is his car...as u can see theres still a decent amount of ground clearance..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,670 Posts
^^ thats amazing. the tires are super thin! what size tires is that and offset of the wheel, if you know it?


i have 19x8.5 with 50 offset on 245/40/19. i have the 4x4 effect but it doesnt look like i can drop it any. i'd get smaller tires if needed in order to drop it.


jason, i think with 20s, you should go with 8" width. for such a large wheel, i'm just guessing it's best to go with a larger width to keep proportionality.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
joedanger11 said:
^^ thats amazing. the tires are super thin! what size tires is that and offset of the wheel, if you know it?


i have 19x8.5 with 50 offset on 245/40/19. i have the 4x4 effect but it doesnt look like i can drop it any. i'd get smaller tires if needed in order to drop it.


jason, i think with 20s, you should go with 8" width. for such a large wheel, i'm just guessing it's best to go with a larger width to keep proportionality.
not sure on the offset, but they are 35 series tires.
 

·
Team Haidabo
Joined
·
2,236 Posts
That car is wild, Wj4! :eek: I never seen import style wheels, in that size, on an Accord before. Usually, I see the bling-bling stuff once in a blue moon, or some larger wheels on a VIP style Lex. :D He must be able to feel the grains in the gravel, and little ant bodies crushing beneath each tread. :p
 

·
oSCaR
Joined
·
4,919 Posts
those 20's are Maido GR5's... you can do a search and see what dimensions they come in, or simply give drew (sick6speed) a PM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,670 Posts
i just did the search.... its got 44 offset. and he used 225/35/20 tires. no wonder it doesnt stick out much... my tires are 245... almost an inch wider. i dont see how he fit 225 on 8.5" but i guess it works.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
taospec said:
That car is wild, Wj4! :eek: I never seen import style wheels, in that size, on an Accord before. Usually, I see the bling-bling stuff once in a blue moon, or some larger wheels on a VIP style Lex. :D He must be able to feel the grains in the gravel, and little ant bodies crushing beneath each tread. :p
his car is actually pretty nice and subtle to ride in. he lives in the 818 and ull see him on the street once in a while. dont let the 20s fool u, hes pushing 260whp :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
i got a 6th gen, i was thinking about getting the TIS 03's or the panther 330's both are nice looking chrome rims, and they come in 20x7.5....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
wj4 said:
would be nice to hear what your budget is for the wheels...
btw this is his car...as u can see theres still a decent amount of ground clearance..
yeah i looooove these rims but he already sold em...bah! meh i dunno, ill have my car done by the 2nd or 3rd week of march so this should be cool :)

Just received a Rotora BBK in the mail today wooo hooo pix posted soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
581 Posts
I ordered some TIS 07's for my accord, just playing the waiting game right now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
581 Posts
Will do. I needed some new tires baaad, so I figured I might as well upgrade the wheels also, I was ready to try something new.

Old Setup: 19" Stilauto "Fives" with 235/35/19 Ventus Hankook Tires




New Setup: 20" TIS 07's with 245/35/20 BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW-2





I think they're pretty classy looking, and still maintain an aggressive stance. Not to mention TIS wheels come with a 3 year chrome warranty, and a LIFETIME warranty against bends and the like. I ordered them around the beginning of January, still waiting. Apparently they're backordered across the country. -sigh-

What do you guys think?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
JPAccord said:
Will do. I needed some new tires baaad, so I figured I might as well upgrade the wheels also, I was ready to try something new.

Old Setup: 19" Stilauto "Fives" with 235/35/19 Ventus Hankook Tires




New Setup: 20" TIS 07's with 245/35/20 BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW-2





I think they're pretty classy looking, and still maintain an aggressive stance. Not to mention TIS wheels come with a 3 year chrome warranty, and a LIFETIME warranty against bends and the like. I ordered them around the beginning of January, still waiting. Apparently they're backordered across the country. -sigh-

What do you guys think?
I think that's going to look awesome, the lip on those things is huge! how big is it for the accord, looks like 3" for the 300M 245/35/20 isn't too big of a wheel? You'll have to let me know how that works out for you, I am a daily driver on my car, its dropped slightly (about 1.5 around) and I want NO rubbing what so ever, even with people in the car.

I think I'm going to go 20 x 8 with a 235/35/20 tire.

I GOT MY ROTORA BBK kit in, its painted metalic blue, and got rotora slotted rotors for the back with hawk pads, I can't wait to have this in combo with my 20's that's gonna look dope!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
The lip is only 2", and all the tire shops said I wouldnt have a problem with the 245. I dont have a drop, but i'll probably look in to a 1" or so in the Summer when I work.

*EDIT* Also, the TIS' are 20x7.5 I dont see it posing a problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
W7Heaven said:
The lip is only 2", and all the tire shops said I wouldnt have a problem with the 245. I dont have a drop, but i'll probably look in to a 1" or so in the Summer when I work.

*EDIT* Also, the TIS' are 20x7.5 I dont see it posing a problem.
That's nice to know, i think im going to stick with the 8" wide wheel and just get 235/35/20

I like yours but they seem outta my price range...looking for none chrome, my chromes now costed me an arm and a leg...meh!
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top