Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im running rpf1s 18x9.5+38... please tell me they will fit im about to pull the trigger on everything but just thought what if they dont fit. im hearing that they wont without a spacer :I i dont want to run a spacer... :(

·
497 Posts
YOU WILL NEVER STOP IN TIME!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! okay but honestly im interested to hear any responses too. I want some better brakes as well.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
They won't. The spokes on the RPF1 sit too far in. Need to run atleast a 10 mm spacer just to be safe. You could possibly do a 5mm, but might be too close. The EVO and STI guys say they won't clear their brembo's as well as the 3G TL guys.

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
You will need extremely low offset to clear it due to the spoke design.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Gs calipers should b fine...I run them on the stock 17" +55 in the winter with no problems

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
okay so a 18x9.5+38 rpf1 need about 17MM to fit with the rl caliper. thats basically a impossible offset on our cars without **** loads of camber. soooo what do i sell my rpf1s or the BBK
and do legend calipers fit i wonder?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
It's not loads of camber. I've ran 9.5 +23 with no front camber. Stock camber and it fit fine. You'd have to probably swap tire sizes. People run 9.5 +15 with just fender roller and stretched tire.

But it really depends on what you really want. If you really want the brakes either run the spacers or get different wheels. Type s wheels look good on coupes. Or just sell the calipers if you don't wanna run the spacers.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Im reading this thread and i dont see any straight forward answers whats the verdict on rl calipers or just bigger calipers in general....i also heard evo rotors would fit the accord in the case of using bigger calipers...also will 17s be good for clearance.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
RL calipers need brackets made to mount. There are BBK kits out there like Stop Tech.

I just run slotted and crossed drilled rotors from ATL motorsport and Hawk HPS pads, can't complain

·
Registered
429 Posts
the GS caliper upgrade is decent enough for my taste with daily driving, paired with stoptech slotted rotors and factory akebono pads works well. no spacer ****ery needed

·
Registered
57 Posts
I foundout that aerospace components manufacture custom brake kits along with rotors....i turned in my spiddle and hub assembly for my front and back wheels....there supposed to look at what i have and figure out the specs so im waiting for a call back

·
Registered
57 Posts
Doesnt look like the gs calipers have two pistons...minus well stick with factory calipers if thats the case

1 - 18 of 18 Posts