Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Bobby Lane Racing
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, with round 2 a couple of weeks away, We've been pounding away at preparation for both cars. In order to meet regulations due to having aftermarket seats, a roll bar is mandatory. We're currently in the process of building a 6 pt roll bar, with a X in the back for the accord. Here are some pictures of the preparation and location of each point.

The Project Import's S2000 however is lucky enough to get full body armor. A roll cage is almost complete, just need to finish all the welds and finishing touches and she will be done. Once shes done, we will install the tubing in the accord and weld her up aswell. ;)

Here' are some pictures of the S2000's progress.

all the welds will get finished and cleaned up, than its on to the Accord. ;)

·
got LSD J36TT??
1,369 Posts
Damn dude looks sick. Im gonna need one sometime soon too!!:) cant wait to see more progress.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

·
NC Fresh
2,071 Posts
i've always wanted to do this.... have a guy in town who does em.... curious to see how this turns out! What color you gonna paint it (chrome dip, im assuming but figured i'd ask)? o_O

·
Bobby Lane Racing
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i've always wanted to do this.... have a guy in town who does em.... curious to see how this turns out! What color you gonna paint it (chrome dip, im assuming but figured i'd ask)? o_O
Probably black for both cars. :)

Looks good

How much weight will this add to the chassis?
The amount of piping used in the S2000 was weighed to be about 150lbs.

The amount of piping weighed for the accord came in to be about 100lbs.

This is without cutting them up yet. This was when the piping was purchased and unbent. ;)

·
Bobby Lane Racing
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well done, when will we see video of you at the track?
Next event is in 18 days. I must get the in-car camera to shoot correctly. Last event the sun glared the windshield so all you could see is inside the cabin.

thats sik i like to see more accords as race cars
You and I both are here to make a difference. Function over Form ;)

This car is going to be fantastic! Keep up the good work!
Thank you Tyler

·
TrakCord
1,485 Posts
haha...are you doing the road course or straight line becuz that S2000 looks like a corner machine wit that wing

·
Bobby Lane Racing
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha...are you doing the road course or straight line becuz that S2000 looks like a corner machine wit that wing
road course. if I were to go straight line, I'd build a drag car with a billet machined block and cylinder heads. ;) Our shop neighbor has one of these, over 2000whp nostalgic dragster called the fighting irisher.

·
TrakCord
1,485 Posts
road course. if I were to go straight line, I'd build a drag car with a billet machined block and cylinder heads. ;) Our shop neighbor has one of these, over 2000whp nostalgic dragster called the fighting irisher.

thats crazy...i just checked out your other threads BTW...car looks awesome goin around those corners....also looks like you have the fabled same braking issues i have in that well the car doesnt stop! haha...i deleted my ABS system and ran hard lines with prop valves...i have minor lockup occassionally but my latest project is the LSD install i have had some backups but should be resolving them soon for a track day in May....

·
Bobby Lane Racing
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
FYI: The car weighed in at 2950 at the track 2 weeks ago with the whole front dash, 2 bucket seats and a harness bar....

·
Bobby Lane Racing
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Will you be able to stay under 3k with the roll bar?
not in street tire class for redline no. I would have to remove alot more stuff which would take me out of street tire classifications and regulations. Not worried about being 3000-3100lbs though. Car makes good enough power to not worry so much. I'm also putting a APR wing on the car which will increase drag. In the end its all about being able to keep the car planted on the ground and allowing me to stay on the gas.

·
TrakCord
1,485 Posts
not in street tire class for redline no. I would have to remove alot more stuff which would take me out of street tire classifications and regulations. Not worried about being 3000-3100lbs though. Car makes good enough power to not worry so much. I'm also putting a APR wing on the car which will increase drag. In the end its all about being able to keep the car planted on the ground and allowing me to stay on the gas.
that suks u gotta put a cage in...N.A.S.A. does not even require a roll bar for their Time Trial series. I do however have one in my car. i would not feel safe pullin high speed corners without it. My car is about 2700 lbs now raceweight this is with a full tank of gas and larger diameter/stiffer F/R sway bars. Man i wish there was a way we could compete somehow...that would be sik 2 accords goin at it!

·
FG4
2,274 Posts
that suks u gotta put a cage in...N.A.S.A. does not even require a roll bar for their Time Trial series. I do however have one in my car. i would not feel safe pullin high speed corners without it. My car is about 2700 lbs now raceweight this is with a full tank of gas and larger diameter/stiffer F/R sway bars. Man i wish there was a way we could compete somehow...that would be sik 2 accords goin at it!
:werd:

·
Bobby Lane Racing
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
depends where you go, what piping diameter you use, what kind of piping you use.

it range anywhere from 2000-5000 for a full roll cage.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts