Accord V6 Forum banner

Rotas

1K views 28 replies 8 participants last post by  Hites 
#1 ·
I am getting omni power coil overs to slam my car all the way to 4" and put it on 16x7 rota GT3s in royal red, I think it would look really clean,but they come with a +40mm offset will it rub in the rear?

#2 ·
starrsearch_ said:
I am getting omni power coil overs to slam my car all the way to 4" and put it on 16x7 rota GT3s in royal red, I think it would look really clean,but they come with a +40mm offset will it rub in the rear?
you sure you can find any good 16" tires that are the correct diameter?

#4 ·
starrsearch_ said:
Yeah some Yokohama ADVAN tires 225/40/16
that aint even remotely close to the size you need. stock diameter is 641.5mm. youre lookin at 580mm.

641.5d = 2014.31c
580d = 1821.2c

basically, when youre speedo says youre goin 60mph, youll really be goin 54mph. your suspension drop of 4" coupled with your tiny tire size is going to make the actual chassis drop 5.23", and your car will then be undriveable, especially with the ridiculous amount of negative camber youre going to have unless you invest in a camber kit. the size tire that youre going to need is going to be either a 215/55 or 225/55. luckily, there seems to be a good selection of 215/55's and 225/55's.

btw, what type of yokohama advan? and are you sure they even make any in that size, cause i dont think they do. personally, if you want a yokohama summer tire, id go with the es100 (good bang per $). if you insist on allseason, advan s.4..

#5 · (Edited)
lol I said 225/40 not thinking at all... After I posted I thought wtf that is some skinny tires for 16s"Think before you post". I found ADVAN S4s for 116 a pop 225/55/16, that what I meant to say in my previous post. I was going to invest in a camber kit no matter what size rims I would have on my car. I was thinking going with 18s black on black but everybody seem to have that. So I decided to be different more JDM , Rota GT3s (GAB auto sport replicas) with Royal Lip and Red powder coat. Do you think that would look good on a black coupe?

#10 · (Edited)
They weight less than 15 pounds I believe, and +40mm is only offset those come in. Unless I get the GAB autosports authenic wheels(GT3 is a knock off) they come in a lower offset but you have to order outta japan. I think 16s would be original, and unique comparing to everyone having their 18s or 19s, because the bigger is not always the better.
Is it still possible to oder Omni Power from V6p store?

#12 ·
kleptodathief said:
im waiting for springtime 2007 to get newer rims/tires... i want some nice lite 17inch rims!!! i don't want heavy ass 18s! i wanna sacrifice look over speed!
if you want 17x8 and 17x7 staggered, id go with kosei k1 ts. if you want 17x8 with 235/45's, id go with ssr type c rs.

kosei:

ssr:

ssr = sex

#14 ·
671CG5 said:

Here is a pic of the 16' rota gt3's on my car with 205/55/16 tires.
noice! idk why i love tiny wheels with big sticky tires. maybe its cause theyre efficient. maybe cause i love can-am cars and the 60's, 70's, and 80's of le mans. lol

#16 ·
starrsearch_ said:
I like how your car looks pure JDMness, and I also fell in love with that red DC2 Teg... I'm trying to make my car as much JDM looking, even though it is a such hard task. I'm still wondering if I can fit 01 JDM Civic foglights in 02 bumper holes!

"Not my car lol"

Thankyou for the comment.

Umm are you on a budget? Cause there is an OEM foglight kit meant for your car on eBAY right now. Here's the link OEM 01-02 coupe foglights .

As far as the modding for fitting the 01-03 civic foglights...the shape of your bumper does not look like it would be able to accomodate it. But you can try. I wish you could accomplish that...it would look hella nice.

#21 · (Edited)
True I can just buy yellow laminx film, and swap bulbs to lumincs JDM yellows :D it would look awesome, and I know where I can get them cheaper now :ssh:. I didn't know Honda made oems for a coupe lolz, thanks for your tip! Now I got other idea I looked at some bronze Enkie Evo5s, and they would look wicked in 18 on a black coupe, but than 16 red rotas are calling my name too!

#24 ·
starrsearch_ said:
Fogs lights are better to be yellow, because they would actually serve their purpose, because yellow light (3200k) illuminates the path better in bad weather conditions such as rain/snow/fog, and we do have alot of rain, and fog here.
how so? personally, id have a lightbar if they werent so huge and aerodynamically inefficient. lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.