Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
xXxCLS bOoStEdXxX
7,741 Posts
difference is one and 2 piece rotor. The 2 piece dissipated heat better. But on the streets 2 piece isn't nessessary. Actually a bbk on the streets in pretty much overkill. Its mainly for looks.

·
Formerly EPS Sniper
762 Posts
Group buy on rotors or a bbk? I'd love a bbk, but for now I just need to replace these ****ty rotors.

·
neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel
6,808 Posts
i would love to get some of these. but.. prices of these are so high.. so many other thing you could do to ur car! if the price is good i might be in!

·
J33 w/TL LSD 6 Speed
1,586 Posts
I have the Rotora BBK, they made a world of difference. Even in a groupbuy you aren't going to get these for under $1375 or so. They are great, buy it isn't a cheap modification. unless your willing to spend about $1500 with shipping, groupbuy is very unrealistic...just my .02 cents

·
Adventure is out there!
2,941 Posts
05AV6 said:
I have the Rotora BBK, they made a world of difference. Even in a groupbuy you aren't going to get these for under $1375 or so. They are great, buy it isn't a cheap modification. unless your willing to spend about $1500 with shipping, groupbuy is very unrealistic...just my .02 cents

damm only 1500, i thought it was gonna be like comptech and be like 3000, in that case i might just buy it here in a month or so. As you can tell from my other thread i need it badly lol

·
J33 w/TL LSD 6 Speed
1,586 Posts
Install was a snap, they come with mounting relocation brackets to enable the larger calipers to bolt right up to the stock locations. They will clear a lot of wheels, you will here a bunch of pdople talking about certain offsets and such, while to an extent this is very true, a lot also has to do with the design of your wheels and shape of the spokes on your rims. I have two sets of aftermarket wheels, one set is 18x7.5" Konig Troubles with a 45 ET and they clear, with about 4mm to spare at the closest point, the spokes are curved slightly outward from the center of the wheel similar to this (, which enable them to clear. My other set of rims are my nicer set, they are 19x8" TSW Thruxtons with a +40 ET, they are dead flush with my fenders and the design is meant to clear big brake kits, I have over an inch between the claiper and wheel at the closest points, so plenty of room. see my gallery for better pics, else contact me and I can link you too my Cardomain for good closeup pics of the wheels and clearences. If you have aftermarket rims, check with the wheel manufacturer as to wether or not they are designed to be able to clear a brake kit. I was surprised that the Konigs cleared (winter wheels, had before I bought BBK), and I knew i'd have no issue with the TSWs (Bought after BBK). thats the bet advice I can gice. You COULD install these yourself if your comfortable working on your car and with a brake system (specifically bleeding it, you will need a second person) The performance is a night & day difference, they are crisp, the axxis pads included still have a lot of meat left, after 4 seasons and 20,000 miles of driving. I have only had one issue, which was that one of my calipers was leaking brake fluid, due to a rock getting wedged in between the brake pad and caliper piston (1 in a million chance), that cracked the rubber boot around one of the pistons and allowed fluied to leak (the caliper still performed flawlessly, and Rotora replaced the caliper for a brand new one for free, as a manufacturing defect, so they stand behind their product. I upgraded my rears last month to Powerslot slotted rears and hawk pads, add that to the BBK and stopping is not only improved even more, its so crisp, fast, smooth and confidence inspiring that I feel like im behind the wheel of a high end european sports car. Hit me with a PM if you need me to answer any more questions

·
somethingJDM.com
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm going to post it on here so later on people that will need more info can search it.

i have hre 540. You think they will clear it the calipers?

the 14" is like a 800 different. I was thinking about getting 13, but he said 14 would clear alot of space between the wheel and the bbk. Do you think 14 will make a big differents?

I don't want to end up getting them and then they don't clear the caliper and i have to go out and find spacers.

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
duRritztiNy said:
I forgot the offset. Any way I can find all this info for you?
your wheels dont have stickers on the inside w/ the specs?
or sometimes the offsets and bolt patterns are stamped onto the wheels.
dont know how HRE does it.

maybe you can check how much clearance you have w/ the stock calipers then compare with roughly how much people noticed they lost after they went to a BBK.

·
Blue in NY
968 Posts
This might sound like a stupid question, but where do you get the replacement pads from when it comes time to change them?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts