Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys.. anyone have pics of someone who tackled upgrading the speaker wires that go from the inside of the car through the rubber grommet and into the doors?

I'm going to tackle this probably next weekend.. I'll be sure to take pics, but instead of making life harder... I'd appreciate some help. I know someone mustve upgraded the sad stock wiring with at least 14-16gauge wire. :D

thanks.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I did this a while back but didn't take any pics. Sorry. But it's a hard job. I straightened out a hanger and taped the speaker wire on the hanger and sent it up through the rubber. It's tricky but when you get one side through the other one will be sort of easier when you get the hang of it. I heard of easier ways of doing it but at the time that was the only way I knew how to do it. Good luck

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
there 2 screws on the door 1 on the opener handle and 1 in the door handle to pull close then the rest is pops you just habe to pull up but when you get the bottom half up look between the door and unplug the wires to the door

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey L_fty where about in NJ are you? Shoot me an email: [email protected] , Im sure I can help ya out.

--Don
I'm in central jersey, in the edison area. I tried today trying to routr the wires and goddamn it was a *****... no success but a TRUE *****....

any help would be appreciated.. there has to be some 6geners out there who are not using the 80gauge stock wires :D

·
My AV6 is all gone...
778 Posts
I'm in central jersey, in the edison area. I tried today trying to routr the wires and goddamn it was a *****... no success but a TRUE *****....

any help would be appreciated.. there has to be some 6geners out there who are not using the 80gauge stock wires :D
O no problem, Im in North Edison, right off of Oak Tree Rd. Lemme know, Im always available.

--Don

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey, that's not even 5 minutes away.. I'm off New durham ave, on the corner of talmadge rd.

If you're free this weekend.. we can meet, I also have a friend with a '03 TL upgrading his car as well.. he practically gave up trying to upgrade his wiring... lemme know

some ice cold brews on me... I'll have a digi cam on hand to make a diy thread later.

·
My AV6 is all gone...
778 Posts
Hey, that's not even 5 minutes away.. I'm off New durham ave, on the corner of talmadge rd.

If you're free this weekend.. we can meet, I also have a friend with a '03 TL upgrading his car as well.. he practically gave up trying to upgrade his wiring... lemme know

some ice cold brews on me... I'll have a digi cam on hand to make a diy thread later.
Yea Ill be available Saturday. Gimme a call..732-921-9046

--Don

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don, you work for a car audio shop or something?
Or was that a incorrect interpretation of facts :D

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh really... well then.. do point me to your website and/or street address.. I will surely drop by..

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I routed the wires.. :D
The left handside was quite easy using a thin wire coat hanger. The right passenger side.. was the mother-whore of all time!!!
The wire hanger and some patience worked...

I did not feed the wire into the grommet, but through the grommet ends.. by pulling on the edge of the grommet on the frame side and on the door side.

I was so pissed getting this done, I didnt have the patience to take digi pictures, I'll "reenact" it later and re-do it with some photos.

Gawd.. the stock wires indeed are thin and pitiful. 14gauge all the way baby! :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts