Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jenna's gonna buy a GTO!!!





 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,633 Posts
400 HP V8 coupe :drool: :up:

The 2004 automatic model gets horrible highway MPG.

Estimated Fuel Economy in MPG (City/Highway)

5.7 Liter Automatic 16/21
5.7 Liter Manual 17/29
The automatic transmission needs a 5th gear for a taller overdrive :yes: .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Wait for the SLP Judge comes out. It will look alot better and have a good amount more HP.

BTW SLP baught the rights to "Judge" a while back.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Word Mark THE JUDGE
Goods and Services IC 012. US 019 021 023 031 035 044. G & S: Parts, restoration parts, and accessories for motor land vehicles, namely, fender covers, shift knobs and badges. FIRST USE: 19920701. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19920701
Standard Characters Claimed
Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Serial Number 78324116
Filing Date November 6, 2003
Current Filing Basis 1A
Original Filing Basis 1A
Owner (APPLICANT) General Motors Corporation CORPORATION DELAWARE 300 Renaissance Center P.O. Box 300 Detroit MICHIGAN 482653000
Attorney of Record Charles H. Ellerbrock
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SixSpeeder said:
ouch Jenna

:Owned:


i love the concept behind bringing back the GOAT, however, the styling is a little bland. (which is typical of pontiac).

lol, and I was trying to be nice and subtle... okay, kinda subtle.

I agree, pontiac styling leaves a lot to be desired; however, they're biggest problem will come when they decide how to price it. As it is the GTO is around 33k, a lot for an american muscle car. Since they're not flying off the shelves (so to speak) now, how much higher would you set the Judge?
 

·
BULLPOO
Joined
·
4,241 Posts
i think 30k for a 350hp car is pretty good...considering i almost paid that for my 7th gen. this car has been in austrailia for a few years now (Holden Monaro). HOLDEN SITE CLICK


i just wish they would have come up with a original looking car insted of replicating what GM sells overseas. :( I love GM too much to see them shoot themselves in the foot over and over again.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SixSpeeder said:
i think 30k for a 350hp car is pretty good...considering i almost paid that for my 7th gen. this car has been in austrailia for a few years now (Holden Monaro). HOLDEN SITE CLICK


i just wish they would have come up with a original looking car insted of replicating what GM sells overseas. :( I love GM too much to see them shoot themselves in the foot over and over again.

True, this is an Aussie car. However, the GM people designing
Pontiacs are frightening. Check out the concept GTO back in 1999
( '99 Concept GTO )
Sad sad sad.

Bascially, they are saving themselves a lot of trouble by using a
car that is already 'tried and true' and simply incorporating the
GTO label into it. Just think, this is not a new car like the 7th
Gen accord, or any other start up car that usually has so many
design flaws the first year built.

GM is really going to shoot themselves in the foot if they do retail
the '05 Judge for 60k (initial estimates) too much for an American
muscle car.
 

·
"Certified Hybrid Killer"
Joined
·
5,056 Posts
Plumaccordcoupe said:
400 HP V8 coupe :drool: :up:

The 2004 automatic model gets horrible highway MPG.



The automatic transmission needs a 5th gear for a taller overdrive :yes: .
who the heck cares!! :laugh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
hey stop bashing the auzzies. the origional GTO was never considered a radical car, it was just a model trim on a mainstream model... geeze...

anyways, 400hp is EZ, all you need to do is visit the GM performance page and buy a few parts of the Z06 motor and whammo, 400hp.

by 08 this car will be more... oh GTOized and built in USA for you people. (supposedly)
with the next Z06 getting 500hp and 495 lb.torque (confirmed) i wouldnt be suprised to see the GTO running around with 400hp like the engine in the base C6.

the new GM Hydramatic 6spd RWD tranny oughta fix all your automatic fears when it comes out (hey it only has 4 gears, they wanted to make it fast lol)

anyways if this ever gets OnStar (it has it in auzzie ville) then i dont even see why any1 would pay 30K extra for a BMW 6 series lol

cheers!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
Plumaccordcoupe said:
I do! :D

Seriously though, GM needs to make a 5 speed automatic that can bolt up to the LS6 V8 engine :D .
ahhh didnt you readwhat i said?:banghead: they be skipping 5spds and heading straight for the 6 spds (cept on caddys, they got 5s right now). expect the debute of that on the Z06 sometime next year (or later this year?)

same goes for FWD applications...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,633 Posts
ahhh didnt you readwhat i said?:banghead: they be skipping 5spds and heading straight for the 6 spds (cept on caddys, they got 5s right now). expect the debute of that on the Z06 sometime next year (or later this year?)

same goes for FWD applications...
Oh, I didn't know that you were talking about an automatic in that last post :p . Well good, they are giving these cars a great auto tranny to go along with there powerful V8's :D .
 

·
"Certified Hybrid Killer"
Joined
·
5,056 Posts
booooooooooooo :down:


So GM is hopping on the zillion speed automatic bandwagon, eh? I say they stick with 4spd autos. Big torquey engines with extremely wide powerbands don't need lots of gears. But given that the average American consumer only understands "more = better" I'm not surprised, even though the opposite can also be true.

Progress. :ugh2:
 

·
"Certified Hybrid Killer"
Joined
·
5,056 Posts
Plumaccordcoupe said:
I do! :D

Seriously though, GM needs to make a 5 speed automatic that can bolt up to the LS6 V8 engine :D .
Plummy, go take a GM 4L60-E auto for a spin with a GM LS1 and then tell me again that it needs more gears. :laugh:

Nothing is ever good enough is it....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Denali said:
Word Mark THE JUDGE
Goods and Services IC 012. US 019 021 023 031 035 044. G & S: Parts, restoration parts, and accessories for motor land vehicles, namely, fender covers, shift knobs and badges. FIRST USE: 19920701. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19920701
Standard Characters Claimed
Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Serial Number 78324116
Filing Date November 6, 2003
Current Filing Basis 1A
Original Filing Basis 1A
Owner (APPLICANT) General Motors Corporation CORPORATION DELAWARE 300 Renaissance Center P.O. Box 300 Detroit MICHIGAN 482653000
Attorney of Record Charles H. Ellerbrock
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE
Then Motor Trend and Car and Driver were wrong b/c i got thier mags around here somewhere lmao
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
SteVTEC said:
booooooooooooo :down:


So GM is hopping on the zillion speed automatic bandwagon, eh? I say they stick with 4spd autos. Big torquey engines with extremely wide powerbands don't need lots of gears. But given that the average American consumer only understands "more = better" I'm not surprised, even though the opposite can also be true.

Progress. :ugh2:
well... im not sure how this will fully work, im guessing the lux cars will get the 6spd first...

rest of the cars may use the 5 spds they got now (if they even link up) or... i dunno..

but anyways, the GTO automatic gets rather dismal gas mileage from its gearing, an extra gear would mean both the speed of the current GTO and the gasmileage of a ~5spd manuel.
 
1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Top