Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Bobby Lane Racing
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is everyones holding up? Mine already is toast after 2 track events. 2 months. The welds broke on the rear PCD, and the pipe that is sleeved inside the cast material, slid right out. I'll show pictures when I get them off the car before my next track event, which is 10 days from now.

·
346hp/300tq @ 4psi
3,014 Posts
wow interesting...too much heat?
I think heat plays a big role. I went through my fair share of pcd's over the years until I got my new set of v2 pcd's"s ceramic coated (inside and out).. Almost a year old and still look like they came out the box c;

·
Registered
401 Posts
I think heat plays a big role. I went through my fair share of pcd's over the years until I got my new set of v2 pcd's"s ceramic coated (inside and out).. Almost a year old and still look like they came out the box c;
How much did that cost you?

O.P. is that the only racing you did? How many miles as well?

·
Bobby Lane Racing
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've broke v1, v2, and v3's. all at the welds. I have solid motor mounts. and My exhaust system is very light.

Please don't take this thread and make judgement on the product. I just want to see if anyone else broke their v3's yet.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I've broke v1, v2, and v3's. all at the welds. I have solid motor mounts. and My exhaust system is very light.

Please don't take this thread and make judgement on the product. I just want to see if anyone else broke their v3's yet.
I'm certainly not. He has put a lot of R&D into the products he makes.

Do you have any theories on why it broke? It could help Rich change something...

Do you keep track of egt's and does your exhaust have flex pipes by any chance?

~Josh

·
Bobby Lane Racing
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yes my EGT's are not high, I have a free flowing exhaust, I have V3 J-pipe with the flex pipes. I know exactly why it broke, I expected it. I'll have details when I lay them out and take pictures later.

·
V6P Groupbuy Approved
2,547 Posts
This would be the 3rd rear to break in about 100 sets of V3s. The first set broke early on and my welder realized that he would have to turn up the heat on the welds and purge the tubes. This makes for a darker less pretty weld that is much stronger. Can you send them back tomorrow and I'll have him weld them up and overnight them back out. Just give me a deadline.

·
Bobby Lane Racing
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This would be the 3rd rear to break in about 100 sets of V3s. The first set broke early on and my welder realized that he would have to turn up the heat on the welds and purge the tubes. This makes for a darker less pretty weld that is much stronger. Can you send them back tomorrow and I'll have him weld them up and overnight them back out. Just give me a deadline.
Thanks for being a stand up guy Richie.. The car is scheduled for a track event Thursday, to Sunday so I'll just tig weld them up myself that way there's no wait in transit. I'll reinforce them and put up pictures so you can see what I did. I personally don't care too much for the way they look as long as they get the job done......

because race car. :p

1 - 20 of 23 Posts