Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at those s2k rims for 2004 and they look damn nice. Will they fit accord? I know s2k has dif. size front and back.. if the lug pattern and everything works.. i was thinking about getting 2 pairs of front or something...

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
It might work if you find 2 sets of fronts. But, I would only do this if you can find it cheap, it's not worth it if you have to pay dealer prices.

The front rims are 17X7 55+ weigh around 17lbs. Same bolt pattern as the Accord.

I'm not sure about the centerbore though...

·
vroom vroom
726 Posts
I think they look great too!

The rears do have a higher offset but they also are wider too (I think 8inches?) so they might fit the Accord.

I just phoned a local Honda dealer and got qouted for approx. 475/rim. Not too bad imo. :D

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ctsport said:
I think they look great too!

The rears do have a higher offset but they also are wider too (I think 8inches?) so they might fit the Accord.

I just phoned a local Honda dealer and got qouted for approx. 475/rim. Not too bad imo. :D
was that with the tires or without??

·
Registered
511 Posts
PMantis24 said:
It might work if you find 2 sets of fronts.
i dont know about you, but if i was going for max cornering prowess (which SHOULD be the only reason anyone upgrades wheel size), why get all skinnys? if you've got the clearance, go for four fat tires.

·
vroom vroom
726 Posts
i3igpete said:
i dont know about you, but if i was going for max cornering prowess (which SHOULD be the only reason anyone upgrades wheel size), why get all skinnys? if you've got the clearance, go for four fat tires.
Wider does not neccessarily equate to better handling.

On FF cars, wider rear tires may actually slow you down.

·
Registered
511 Posts
ctsport said:
Wider does not neccessarily equate to better handling.

On FF cars, wider rear tires may actually slow you down.
on the race track, it has been proven that although you may FEEL slower, rest assured that that is not the case. this is because even though you may want neutral handling, it usually comes at the cost of reduced grip to the rear. so although a neutral feeling car may SEEM faster and more balanced, you will have a quicker lap just understeering your way around the track.

regardless, why have all skinnies when you can have all fatties? this way, you will have more cornering ability with the same amount of stable understeer. hell, putting the fatties on front and skinnies on rear would work as well.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmm.. .how about i just use whole set of s2000 rims.. will that work? 2 front in front, widers in the back?

·
Registered
511 Posts
ex2k4 said:
hmm.. .how about i just use whole set of s2000 rims.. will that work? 2 front in front, widers in the back?
widers in the front, skinnies in the back. it's not like we have power going to the rear wheels we have to worry about.

·
Banned
5,093 Posts
i think someone should do it. :yes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts