Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all...

I am new to this forum and was wondering if there are any S4 Owners on this site.... :banghead:

·
Registered
116 Posts
My Dad has a A6 2.7T that I drive sometimes - same engine. What mods have you done? I'm trying to get him to do some stuff. That engine lays down some serious power.

Jason

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
No mods as of yet. I personally am looking in the near future to put in an MTM short shifter, and perhaps a chip. There are many mods but I dont want to seriously alter the car as I have an extended warranty up to 100k miles. As for the chip, the chip for the 2.7TT adds another 65-70 hp. Tell your dad to visit www.audiworld.com for more info...

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
Welcome to the board :wave:

Not sure about someone having an S4 but I know some members here have access (family, friends) to an Audi V6 of some sort.

Well enjoy your stay :)

BTW: Make me :drool: by showing me some pics of your S4.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
will do... I will take some pics this weekend after she gets a bath and post them monday....

·
Registered
2,321 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Nice :D

Hope to see some pics!

·
Registered
685 Posts
S8, they don't make an S8??

And the canned all the other A8's. Now they only make the A8 L.
Really? Could have fooled me:

The 2003 S8 is a 4-door, 5-passenger luxury sports sedan, available in one trim only, the 4.2. The 2003 S8's closest competitors include the BMW 7 Series, the Jaguar XJ Series, and the Mercedes-Benz S-Class.

Upon introduction, the S8 is equipped with a standard 4.2-liter, V8, 360-horsepower engine that achieves 16-mpg in the city and 21-mpg on the highway. A 5-speed automatic transmission with overdrive is standard.

The 2003 S8 is a carryover from 2002.

http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/details/audi03s8/model_overview.html?refsrc=iy/model/audi s8

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
Ok smarty, you show me where it is on there site because it's just not there. Unless this car is not in America. Then that would be the reason for it not showing up on there USA site.

Click on A8 and all you get is this:http://www.audiusa.com/model_home/0,,modelId-200413,00.html

So if they made one before (which I remember seeing) they don't make it anymore for the USA.

·
Registered
685 Posts
This talks about the new A8 with a reference to the new S8 coming in 2 years: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedan/112_0301_a8/

Here is a review on the 2003 model:
http://www.edmunds.com/new/2003/audi/s8/100164588/review.html?tid=edmunds.n.reviewmmindex.content..0.Audi*

This car is not on the Audi site but they do make it. I have seen a few around here, in fact, I saw one this week. I have only seen the black colored ones. I guess it was a popular color. Very nice cars. Ever see the movie Ronin? That was an S8. Now that I think of it, I would rather have the RS6. Twin turbo V8 with 450hp and all wheel drive. :eek:

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2003/audi/rs6/100274637/review.html?tid=edmunds.n.reviewmmindex.content..4.Audi*

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey All...

To confirm... they do make an S8 but NOT for the NEWEST Model year 2003 1/2 aka A8 L.... Audi has made the S8 for a number or years... and has been in the US for some time.... the S6 is new to the US mkt as of 2002 or 2003.... I cant remember... just my 2 cents.... and the S8 is every S owners dream.... :eek2: :eek2:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Nice to see an S4. My bro has a 2001 black with the blue sude inserts, very nice. Anyways i just wanted to let you know that he is doing some minor mods to his car right now. New turbo upgrades, sporttech fill exhaust, short shifter, flywheel, 3 piece clutch, RS4 front end, intercooler sprayer(like the evos have) and a bunch of other stuff. there is a place in CO doing it. Autosportwerks. You should check out there site sometime. Anyways it should have about 450-470 whp when its all said and done. I will post pics and dyno results later. Just thought i would let you know

·
EX-Featured Ride Coord.
1,881 Posts
Nice to see an S4. My bro has a 2001 black with the blue sude inserts, very nice. Anyways i just wanted to let you know that he is doing some minor mods to his car right now. New turbo upgrades, sporttech fill exhaust, short shifter, flywheel, 3 piece clutch, RS4 front end, intercooler sprayer(like the evos have) and a bunch of other stuff. there is a place in CO doing it. Autosportwerks. You should check out there site sometime. Anyways it should have about 450-470 whp when its all said and done. I will post pics and dyno results later. Just thought i would let you know
just some minor mods huh? ;) i wish i could do those type of minor mods to my av6 :)

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts