Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I deleted the first thread. I thought that I should post it in the general discussion. What I was looking for, was a general forum for events. Should we have an "Events Forum?" Somewhere where we could see events/happenings from all over the country...

I'll just post it here in the NorCal...

Saturday-party at the house-baby shower and house warming with family.
I was angry a month ago because the wifey wanted the party the weekend of the Grand Prix. :mad: Tired as hell, working at work and then coming home to work some more.

Anyways, I wanted to go Sunday. Just to walk around the perimeter of the track and see what I could see and hear. Lo and behold, my friend calls me up in the morning and leaves a message on the phone saying it’s some radio station stating that I won a free pass and to meet them at the Fairmont Hotel to receive it. I called them back and said haha, come pick me up. They’re pit crew for some of the USTCC Cars. Their boss is Ali Arsham. It was about 10:30 when they picked up me. You could hear the cars from where I live, no BS.

Pit pass:

They came to the house and picked me up in the USTCC Pace Car( I actually drove, didn’t want to sit b!tch):

COOL ! It’s an ’04 V6 AT. AEM V2, Koni shocks, Ground Control coilovers, “18 Konigs. They’re waiting on the Borla’s.

I was friggin tired as hell. It was hotter than your mama’s kitchen. I was lazy with the camera. Still new to the Powershot G6. IF I had energy, I would’ve brought the 35MM SLR. Thank goodness for small digital cameras.

For the drifting, the Jasper Supra was the only one DOIN’ IT ! That was the only car getting sideways on the straightaway. The rest, were dedicated to the corners only. :sweat:

Drifting from the bleachers on Belbach Street:

Inside the Convention center:

Need I say more?:

First Place Saturday, USTCC:

USTCC Paddock area:

Overall- GREAT !. They first of it’s kind for the Bay Area. Lot's of food, drinks, festival stuff. The convention center was...like a car show. Cars on display, for sale, including some choppers, vendors, radio stations, etc. Nearing the end, we stayed for about 10 laps of the Champ Cars, walked around, and left. We were at the house in 5 mintues and finished the race on TV. I can’t wait for this “track” to be on some game. I look forward to next year’s race; I will be well rested, bring ear plugs, "water backpack," hopefully digital SLR, sunscreen and my cowboy straw/sun hat.

·
6th gen
625 Posts
Are those the cars that race? I thought it was the F1 cars??

·
Out of my Mind, Somewhere
2,500 Posts
thanks for the pictures......being it was so hot I was not about to go down there.

·
Registered
760 Posts
DjC said:
Are those the cars that race? I thought it was the F1 cars??
It was more of an event rather than a race - that's what they all seemed to agree on. These were Champ cars, which are similar, but different than F1.

·
Registered
882 Posts
On Sunday, there was a red Accord coupe at the car show, showing off some ugly big chromies. But yeah, I had seats over thataway. Quite ****** seats. Disappointed in the racing, but not the cars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts