Accord V6 Forum banner

Santa Barbara Photo Shoot SET 2 (56k BEWARE)

766 views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  hammer03 
#1 · (Edited)
Dave (Hammer03) and I drove around a parking structure last night. I took these with my Nikon D70. Only PS I did was border/resize and on one of them I made things "greener" with a color balance. Enjoy. Don't like the color? Checkout Set 1

See less See more
#9 ·
AccordChik02 said:
I like the b&w better! :D

but looks great!
thanks gisele =) I do like the black and white ones better as well. When the colors in pictures aren't that amazing or the focal point of the picture, then they really shouldn't be distracting the photo at all. I like to shoot in B&W, but sometimes the grey's kill the picture, at least for me. I need to work on it. Plus with night shots, with a backlight so bright, it was impossible to get an in between grey. I even used a "black card" method, tho it was more like a "black inverter" method... I would leave the shutter open for 4 to 5 seconds, with my f stop metered to take in the car only w/o the back lighting from the clock tower... and with the card over the backlight, i'll quickly take it away maybe 3 to 3.5 seconds after shutter opens. This way I can manually create a second "layer" of a shutter. It's difficult, and takes a lot of trial and error. If I didn't do this with these pix, then the tower would be completely blown out, or you'd only see silluette's of the cars. I used Dave's power inverter, so it was hard. I need to get myself an opaque card...

btw thanks for the comments everyone =)

#12 ·
omg another SB'r!! That's awesome. I used to live in SB too while i was at UCSB, which was until last june. I wish I was still down there.

Anyway, Dave (Hammer03) is still down in SB. YOu guys should take over the SB region for me =) Tho I'll be visiting a lot too since my lady's still down there taking classes too.

but definately, I'll let you know when I go down. We'll have a little larger sb mini meet.

In fact I'm planning to go down September 2nd to the 5th.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.