Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The local dealership removed the radio in reference to the TSB on the radio not lighting anymore. During the removal, they scratched the plastic housing.

They are telling me that they have to remove the entire dashboard to replace this piece. Does this sound correct?

I am a little concerned, as if they cannot remove the radio without scratching the plastic, what will happen if they remove the entire dashboard.

Do you think the dealership really needs to remove the dashboard?

Your thoughts...

Uploaded with ImageShack.com

·
Carpe Diem
3,957 Posts
The circled parts are all that need to be removed to pull out the radio. Why they would need to remove the whole dash is beyond me.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^ They scratched the plastic piece to the left of the center compartment. The dealership will replace the part, yet they are telling me they will have to remove the entire dash to replace the part.

I think they are incorrect, that is why I was inquiring.

The plastic piece with the Post-It Note is damaged.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I understand. But, I do not think it is necessary to remove the dash to fix it. What do u think?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

·
2008 Honda Accord V6 EX-L
329 Posts
That part is part of the dashboard. You will have to replace the entire dashboard to replace that. Most junk yards charges 150~ for a dashboard. I know because I did this on my old car.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No kidding. Ouch. My dealership would probably mess that up to. They are idiots.

·
2008 Honda Accord V6 EX-L
329 Posts
They have to pretty much remove the radio, vents, passenger air bags and steering coloumn, disconnect the connectors, Unbolt it from the metal support beam. Then reinstall it. Probally cost your soooo much money lol. I did alot of research and called around and that piece really is part of the dash.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Holy crappie. They would probably mess more things up with the removal process and scratch something else. Maybe, best leave it alone.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Agreed... They would mess everything up if they removed the dash. Thanks and good find.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts