Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't IF anyone else had this or what but ever since i installed my CAI (V2), I keep hearing a screeching noise when I reve the engine around 1800 to 3000. It seems like something is screeching or kinda like wistleing. Tried to rev the engine while in neutral when moving and stoped no noise, But when In drive and the car is travelling at a decent speed and i gas it i hear the screeching noise 50% o fthe time. Any one knows what it is????

·
I ♥ My Honda
1,891 Posts
not really a screetch... i think more like a slight whistle or so or maybe a rush of air... sorta a bit of both...

i have the v2 also and i get the same noise... :)

·
6MT
1,195 Posts
my AEM V2 doesn't whistle as well as my Injen RD. The Injen RD, i can pretty much make it whistle whenever I want, but this AEM V2, it like comes and goes... sometimes when i wanna do it it doesn't, but sometimes it works. Plus I can barely hear it unless I open windows and no music.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So,,,,, It is only a whistle?? Cause I got it right after I installed my V2 it started. I feel a lot better now since I know it is nothing big. But how often do ytou guys clean your filter and is there any other way to take it out beside taking of the front bumper. ME SO LAZY. every time i take that thing of it tales alot of effort to put it back on. I would like to hear any suggestions from you guys.
-Salar

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
hmm what a coincidence, i just installed my V2 today and thought that i heard a little whistling but thought it was just a mental thing.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
not to argue with you but i don't. But I like the loud ass noise it makes. My girl friend and her friends dig this. Last week when I was taking my sister to the dealler she was amazed with noise and the crazy sound

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does any on have a easy way to clean the filter out without taking of the front bumper???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts