Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Top Gear Baby!
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

so i was doing some spirited driving today and i got really annoyed by the passenger seatbelt hitting the side. i started to think about what i could do and remembered that my friends Toyota Solara has this extended router. the big question is will it fit on my accord and with how much modification. if anyone has any other ideas, I'm all ears :) also if anyone knows where to buy this part (and part number) i would be grateful. i have search "Toyota parts" on Google and have not found anything like Honda automotive parts.

a picture of what I'm taking about:

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
Seems a bit dangerous. Not sure how much force/torque this piece can handle, so safety would be my main concern with this modification. It would also be likely to affect the seatbelt's tensioner, so that a much greater force would be required for teh belt to actually lock.

Seems like, in the picture, this router would only be necessary for drivers with very short legs.

If your main concern is the passenger belt hitting the B-pillar trim, you could always line the buckle with felt or something of the like.

·
Top Gear Baby!
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sumptimwong said:
Seems a bit dangerous. Not sure how much force/torque this piece can handle, so safety would be my main concern with this modification. It would also be likely to affect the seatbelt's tensioner, so that a much greater force would be required for teh belt to actually lock.

Seems like, in the picture, this router would only be necessary for drivers with very short legs.

If your main concern is the passenger belt hitting the B-pillar trim, you could always line the buckle with felt or something of the like.
never thought about that... :eek: thanks for the info!

i'm now thinking about a clip or something that could keep it in place (not sure if i want to put felt on it)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts