Web site price $119.99 each
Forum member price $71.40 shipped
Clearance Price $56.99 Shipped

how big is it??? so 10.... 16 sq ft??? i would buy it

·
Registered
494 Posts
Free Bump...

I spoke with Ant earlier today and he was very helpful and knowledgeable... Although I can't speak for the products yet, I can say that the service is great and I learned a lot in the short conversation we had... :up2:

·
SILVIA
1,463 Posts
can u PM me how much 150sq ft will cost? or is it gonna be the 50sq ft ones times 3???

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
ANT:

I received the Damplifier .v2 and I have to say the stuff is friggen paper thin in thickness... I was surprised 50ft roll came in such a small box. Is this stuff only 20-30mil thick? It looks as if 2 to 3 layers will be needed to apply to equal the thickness of a compared piece of dynamat extreme I have at home.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I'm not knockin it per say.. I'm simply stating a observation for others considering buying this stuff... same here when the weather is decent I'll try it out... but simple logic tells me it's going to take multiple layers for the same mass loading as a single piece of extreme.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hmmm..
Dynamat feels thicker because it has a thicker foil heat shield. the heat shield makes it more ridged and more difficult to install on odd contours of the car.

If you lay the dynamat extreme down next to a layer of Damplifier you will see that they are very close in thickness.
Dynamat extreme has a target thickness of 44 mils.
Damplifier has a target thickness of 45 mils.

Because of the manufaturing process there are variations in the thickness. It is very difficult to get the thickness perfect beit Dynamat or Second Skin
I have tested several batches of damplifier next to various samples of Dynamat extreme and have had different results just about every time.
sometimes Damplifier is thicker, sometimes Dynamat is thicker.
if you weigh them you will see that damplifier weighs about .32 lbs. psf. and Dynamat extreme weighs about .45 lbs psf
Depending on your install you can use between 1 and 3 layers of either Damplifier or Dynamat extreme.

Hope this makes sence

ANT

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
L_fty said:
I'm not knockin it per say.. I'm simply stating a observation for others considering buying this stuff...
Seems to me that making that statement with out testing the product first or even having a side by saide comparison would kind of put Damplifier at an immediate disatvantage from the start, which seems to qualify as "kocking it" to me.

I am sure that is not your intention to knock it, but to "warn" others before they purchase it, based on the amount of research you have done so far seems a bit scewed.

either way, Damplifier is an entry level product, with an entry level price tag.
Many people like it better than Dynamat Extreme because of how easy it is to use.
when I designed it I tryed to make an easy, affordable and effective alternative to Dynamat extrme.

I think I did quite a good job at achieving that goal.

ANT

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Well research on your product I have not done... just comparing two sound deadeners from simple observation. If my last statement came out wrong.. I do apologize... I tend to be quite brute with my opinions more times than not.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts