Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Life's a Beach
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody tried to modify the '98 sedan upper grill? I am seriously thinking about doing this, my worry is that if I cut the center bar with the H the car would look like crap.
Dont know if the '98 coupe type R would fit.

Ideas?

·
Life's a Beach
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stupidaznmunkey said:
your best bet would be just getting the coupe bumper and fitting it on your sedan and then putting the type r grill on that :(

but dont think it would fit
I was also thinking about cutting the center bar and making a grill insert of fiberglass and mesh.

·
Registered
200 Posts
yeah, a few have done it. there used to be a "jdm" mesh grill for the sedan on ebay.

supposedly you could just chop out the old grill, bolt up the new one, and none of the cuts would be visible.

not sure how it would end up looking with the coupe mesh grill, you might have to do some bondo/paint, and there would be a gap next to the hood.

·
Life's a Beach
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am going to start making a template for this right now, the weather is beautiful here in FL.
I'll post pics.

·
v not some model, my girl
5,806 Posts
i did this to my sedan. i think it looks good with the type R grille. you need to do plastic repair work around the area where the grille was cut out. unfortunately i didnt take any DIY pics inbetween, showing steps.

CF grille bought off ebay

before

after

i still havent completed the project. i need to get my new hood first.

·
4.0L
9,440 Posts
you did a really nice job with the install...but i don't like the gap between the top of the grille and the hood (in the middle).

·
v not some model, my girl
5,806 Posts
^thats why i said i need to get my new hood. my hood is for a coupe the one i need is for a sedan. i plan to eventually get a coupe front bumper for this hood.

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
99v6sedan said:
i did this to my sedan. i think it looks good with the type R grille. you need to do plastic repair work around the area where the grille was cut out. unfortunately i didnt take any DIY pics inbetween, showing steps.

i still havent completed the project. i need to get my new hood first.
So how did you do the plastic repair work? :)

·
Life's a Beach
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Accord_V6_400m said:
So how did you do the plastic repair work? :)
I also like to know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts