Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Y'all.

The time has finally come to sell my car. I am moving to Boston and my fiancee has a relatively new Jetta that I am modding and still has warranty (and easier to park). So the Accord goes. I own it and now want to sell it straight-up. Here's my question:

With a modded car, why return to stock? Do you not get as much for the car stock as modded? Or do you end up netting more money by removing mods and selling?

I am not personally interested in selling off stock parts cause the trouble to remove is too much, but give me an opinion:

1999 Accord V6 Flamenco Black
-90,000 miles, excellent condition interior, good condition exterior (10 door dings on passenger)
- Eibach Springs, Tokico Blues
-Neuspeed rear sway
-CL-S rims +stock 16"
-Greddy EVO dual exhaust, 4 months old (warrantied)
-Comptech headers
-AEM short ram intake
-Unorthodox Pullies
-APEXi V-AFC
-Clear/Black Headlights
-4300K HID
-"TypeR" mesh grille
-Pioneer Premier Head Unit
-MB Quart speakers
-JL Audio 10" sub, RF 250 W amp
-Black Chrome emblems

According to Blue book value, the car is worth $10,000-$12,000 stock. WOuld I get much more than this for selling the car modded? (ie $2K more?).

Under no circumstances would I remove the headers, pullies, springs, or intake (although stock items would be supplied).

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
you'll probably get more by returning it to stock and selling the parts individually

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
And next time, only one thread please :)

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Well, I'll tell you from experience, you will make more from your parts by selling them OFF of the car....

You can view my mod list in my sig, but my car is 100% stock now and all I have is my rims and brakes left to sell... I made over $4K in just parts... and the car ould never sell for more then $14K with the stuff on it.... ;)

·
Registered
204 Posts
never say never for sellin the car for 14k...dan loxllxol sold his car for 15k, but then again, you'll probably never find another sucker to buy a car for that much again!:)

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Very few want to buy an already modded car and the dealer knows that. If it is stock, it appeals to a wider range of people looking to buy. With all those mods you proabably spent somewhere around $2gs. Trade it with that and you wont get your moneys worth out of it.

·
Banned
5,093 Posts
well you heard em, so how much do you want for that rear sway?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The rear sway may stay only because I can't find the original.

The headers, intake, and exhaust would stay as well, only because it is not worth it to me in time to replace the headers and intake and replace the stock version (maybe I could get $200-$300 for the CT headers) and I do not have a stock exhaust anymore.

The headunit, which was $700, was installed with the aftermarket IR remote and I will probably keep the sub and amp to put in my brothers car (although I am getting him a 10" W7 with 500W amp, anyway).

I will probably put the car on the selling block 'as-is' in about a month. If I can't get at least $1K over stock value, I will part-out and maybe even return the exhaust to stock (it was re-installed in December).

I will keep updated. My brother has a lift and I can eventually remove everything.

·
Banned
5,093 Posts
cool.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts