Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car got hit and run a few days ago and since he ran I have to absorb the cost. The trunk lid was bent in a bit and the plastic bumper cover is torn. The cost of repairs at the body shop was going to be $1600 so I figured at 1600 dollars or an extra thousand a year on my premuims, I would rather just get a replacement myself. So I'm finally getting a cf trunk that i wanted for looks and because that way I don't have to paint it and I already pulled the bumper cover and bought a new one from majestic which I will just take and spray. This sucks but it let's me do a DIY I have been wanting.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No digi cam atm sry no pics.

Finished spraying the bumper just cleaned, sanded, prepped the paint and rented a airless sprayer. 2 coats primer some special stuff for plastics , 3 coats color, 4 coats clear coats wet sanded done looks good. Trunk replacement was easy just have to disconnect the latch/actuator assembly then pull stock trunk and put on the vis cf trunk. Definately a two or three man job if you can get the buddies. I did it alone using bungy cord and a s-hook via a bar that is mounted in my garage to two "I" beams so it was easy. The real pain was aligning the trunk. The gap was too far on the right side when I closed the trunk. So I had a buddy get the gaps correct while i was in the trunk through the rear seats with the trunk closed then I tightened the bolts. Looks good I was worried about the look of a dark grey trunk against white but I like it. Later on I think I'll go the two tone route and color match the trunk, roof, and hood.

·
Registered
630 Posts
EvilLincoln said:
No digi cam atm sry no pics.

Finished spraying the bumper just cleaned, sanded, prepped the paint and rented a airless sprayer. 2 coats primer some special stuff for plastics , 3 coats color, 4 coats clear coats wet sanded done looks good. Trunk replacement was easy just have to disconnect the latch/actuator assembly then pull stock trunk and put on the vis cf trunk. Definately a two or three man job if you can get the buddies. I did it alone using bungy cord and a s-hook via a bar that is mounted in my garage to two "I" beams so it was easy. The real pain was aligning the trunk. The gap was too far on the right side when I closed the trunk. So I had a buddy get the gaps correct while i was in the trunk through the rear seats with the trunk closed then I tightened the bolts. Looks good I was worried about the look of a dark grey trunk against white but I like it. Later on I think I'll go the two tone route and color match the trunk, roof, and hood.
It sounds sick, try to get a pic one day when u have use of a camera

1 - 4 of 4 Posts