Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have a AV6 graphite perl... looking for some interior mods. I saw these and fell in love.

Which one is best for black interior? Should i go with the trim theme and get silver, or go with the black leather theme and blend in? I am leaning to stand out...

What doya think? has anyone purchased these yet? how is the install? Is it DIY?

Back to the real question>

As the ladies at the beauty salon would say to my girlfriend when she gets manicure: Pick Culla!

Silver Automatico

Noir Automatico

Noir boot

Hand brake

·
Registered
29 Posts
DarkVillian said:
i got the silver shiftknob like a few months ago..it would look better if i got the boot also..

did you do it yourself, and if so, was it hard?

and where did you purchase it from?

·
Registered
29 Posts
yeah brex, i saw yours and it looks sweet...along with the rest of your car.

was it hard doing it yourself?

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
thanks.. :D

not really.. the ebrake was a bit longer as it took me awhile to realized i gotta cut to take out old e-brake wrap..

·
Registered
387 Posts
SoR said:
Are they heavy? I need something heavy. I like the 2nd one from the top. How much are they?
I need it for the Evo. To me heavy knobs have better feel when I shift. Evo has an extremely light knob which you can't just push into the gear. Sometimes I feel it's gonna come back to neutral or something :laugh:
6speed Accord has a good knob, just gets too hot in summer and too cold in winter ;)

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
I need it for the Evo. To me heavy knobs have better feel when I shift. Evo has an extremely light knob which you can't just push into the gear. Sometimes I feel it's gonna come back to neutral or something :laugh:
6speed Accord has a good knob, just gets too hot in summer and too cold in winter ;)
Hmm.. an EVO and 6MT .. :eek2: man.. i so envy you... !!

this is an auto shift knob.. so not sure if it works with manual.. I suppose its all the same except you won't have any use for the push button on the top..

·
Registered
487 Posts

i totally feel you on this. in the summer, the shifter burns like crazy so that i have to use my fingers and shift w/ the preforations until the shifter cools down. good thing i didn't buy the all titanium HFP shifter..

as for winter, there is no winter in socal :D

back on subject.. i think both themes will work fine.. as long as you dont get like carbon fiber or something. lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice Brex!

Brex:

After looking over your Accord (which took about 20 minutes to read over and wipe the dribble from my chin) I must say it's probably the most customized one i've ever seen!!! Even the descriptions are great - providing date of install, cost, and model info..

Awesome creativity, and follow-up dude! - I appreciate it when a guy does his OWN thing and doesn't jock... :)

As for your shifter and boot - it looks great - I love the combo... I swear everytime I think of an innovation for my car someone has already done it!

Thats what I get for not moddin' my car when I first got it...

I think I like the Black shifter w/ the momo boot and brake.

:cheers: :rofl: :D :up2:

As for innovation though - I'm thinking of putting some lexus gs 400 fog lights in my accord.

I think after my HID upgrade, they will look schweet!

Anybody have yellow lexus fog lights in there Accord yet?

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
Re: Nice Brex!

Brex:

After looking over your Accord (which took about 20 minutes to read over and wipe the dribble from my chin) I must say it's probably the most customized one i've ever seen!!! Even the descriptions are great - providing date of install, cost, and model info..

Awesome creativity, and follow-up dude! - I appreciate it when a guy does his OWN thing and doesn't jock... :)

As for your shifter and boot - it looks great - I love the combo... I swear everytime I think of an innovation for my car someone has already done it!

Thanks for the compliment.. :D I really didn't think anyone would read thru that gibberish.. I sort of did it for myself just so i have some records..

as for the combo.. give it a try.. i am sure you will like it.. :up:

·
Registered
511 Posts
that last shifter just looks out of place on a bare stick like that.:down: ...it just doesn't seem like it belongs there.

as to the original shifter, the black fits the interior PERFECTLY. why go different? the little chrome rings also match the trim rings on the volume knob. very classy indeed.:up:

·
darkside / gen7accord.com
1,071 Posts
the momo ebrake handles are really badly made... after using the ebrake a couple times it broke where it connects... very badly designed =( don't get it even tho it looks great.

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
the momo ebrake handles are really badly made... after using the ebrake a couple times it broke where it connects... very badly designed =( don't get it even tho it looks great.

hmm??? :confuse2:

mine is very steady and strong.. i even had some 180 fun pulling ebrake in my company parking lot..

and what do you mean "where it connects"?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts