Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Hella Functional
4,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I went to the shop Chevron on North Main Street to get my rear tie bar bolts tightened. I also asked them to give me an oil change. So here is what happened...

They made me wait for 1.5 hours, so fine i'm sitting there waiting. This other kid comes in before I do, and then he got priority over me?!?!?!?! WTF

Next, put my car on the lift, and started draining my oil. I have a case of 5W30 Mobile 1 Syn that I wanted them to use. As i was standing out of sight, looking at him, He takes my oil, sticks it under the table and started pouring in some generic brand oil in a yellow cantainer. It's a shame I caught him doing that after 4 quarts. When I confronted him about it, he denied it, WTF?!?!?!?!?! And at that point I flipped out, and started demanding to speak to the manager. So on and soforth, after 20 mins of arguing, they said they would drain my oil and replace it with my original case that I brought it. And it seemed like they ALL said that case was there the entire time. Even though their shop doesnt' carry it.....

Then I asked them to tighten the bolts on my rear sway bar, they said fine. Did that. By the time the bill comes, guess the amount. 74.50 for an oil change and tighten the rear tie bar. They said they charged me for an hour of labor since my car was on the lift. + the labor for oil change and oil filter. WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

And again I got into another argument with them about all this BS. So in the end, i threw them 20 bucks and said here, i'm never coming back.

So if you're from the blacksburg area, stay away from that place! It's atrocious how they rip off college students.

·
central Cali accords
2,747 Posts
Damn that's dirty.. I'm sorry to hear about that man.
I got an oil change this Tuesday and they charged 32 for a free carwash also, then they start saying hey this oil is better and it'll charge you 4.99 extra, I say alrite.. This hispanic kid talking all beligerently thinking he's the big dog of the jiffy lube is sitting there doing his thing. I'm watching them do all of this in the hot sun, he puts in oil and then a guy in a diff shirt comes en says that's the wrong oil. He looks at my oil cap and has to drain it out and put new quaker state oil in with no extra charge.. Damn man I was js sitting there lookin at some ignorant fools work a automotive maintenance shop.. After that I sit there mean dogging this hispanic dude and he knows he's a moron I swear..

They changed my PVC valve and refilled all my fluids along with a tranny fluid flush. LOL, I tell you man the world goes round and round with ignorant folks..

·
V Go SoCal Drivers V
1,941 Posts
mista jc said:
This hispanic kid talking all beligerently thinking he's the big dog of the jiffy lube is sitting there doing his thing. Damn man I was js sitting there lookin at some ignorant fools work a automotive maintenance shop.. After that I sit there mean dogging this hispanic dude and he knows he's a moron I swear..
And there you are at a Jiffy Lube...... :doh:

·
Work hard, play later.
657 Posts
That's why I do my own fluid changes at my shop. I guess I'm lucky enough to have really good freinds.

·
Registered
142 Posts
:iagree: I do my own oil fluid changes at home or I know the master mechanic at the dealership who's been friend's w/my dad for like 20+ years, so he'll do it for me =P

You should definately contact the BBB and the CORPORATE OFFICE!!! if not for yourself, then to protect other unsuspecting customers

·
Pedal damn it
3,913 Posts
What's BBB? (just in case in near future something like this happens to me)

>_<

·
Just a Regular Member now
963 Posts
Look up via VA corporate records or better yet, go into the store and look at the licenses on the wall. Find out who the owner of the station is and write them a letter. The sit back and enjoy the fireworks. Don't waste time with the manager, go straight to the owner :)

Dizzy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts