Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I Jumped Off Da Bandwagon
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Shift knob/boot conversion(pics)

Got this done yesterday, but i have to go back and shorten the shift boot. I chose the carbon fiber theme, but i know i am overdoing it with all that CF. The Razo shift knob sit pretty low, so i have to shorten the boot alot. I wanted the Momo automatic knob but $100. This project cost less than that. $55 for the shift knob and $30 for the boot. I also wanted black leather boot with red or grey stitchings so i might change it down the road with a new Momo knob.

·
Registered
22 Posts
ctsport said:
Looks good! but I think you used too much cf. :up2:
you can NEVEEEEEEEEEER have too much CF :D j/k

Looks good though. Like he said.... lots of carbon fiber... but honestly, i kinda like it. Now just get your entire dash in C/F to match :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
Looks really good Hongda.
I am planning on putting a CF boot in mine and was wondering how to secure it to the shift lever. Did you just use a ziptie? If you did, did you have to mount the boot to the console first and then just ziptie the top of the boot inside-out and lower it? (I hope you understand what I'm saying, it's hard to describe)
Also, for the Razo push down knob, did you have to modify it at all? I was checking them out and they say they're made for threaded shift levers. I haven't taken my knob off yet, but it seems like our knobs are secured by screws in the base. (Edit: I am 6th gen, I didn't notice earlier). How did you install it?
Thanks.

·
I Jumped Off Da Bandwagon
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It did come with ziptie, but i didn't use it. You have to pry the cover off which is held on by 4 clips. To install the boot you can use screws or strong tape and then put everything back.

·
Banned
42 Posts
hey hongda how about a DIY how to i love the way it looks
i have automatic too but ill probly go with black leather and the momo or the same as yours for the shift knob????

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
if you use momo shift knob and momo boot.. it will be simle screw-on.. no taping or zip tie is needed.. but yes.. momo **** are expensive..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts