Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I've got to start this one. I just sat in my friends new 09 TSX and the shifter is great. Short shaft, nice knob, and even a short throw. Compare that to my 08 Accord Coupe manual shifter and it's like shifting the empire state building, the thing sticks way up there and the knob feels too big.

Anybody got some modifications they've done (post some pics please!!) or else some ideas. I am thinking of a new Boot too but haven't gotten that adventerous. It's only a matter of time before they come out with the short shifters so for now if anyone has ideas on the knob and boot I'm all ears.

Oh, i did try one of those weighted Skunk2 knobs and it felt a little small though the weight was nice. However, with the adapter nut it sits just as high as stock, without it you can screw that baby way down and cut the height down another inch but there's no way to hold it in place without spinning. Ideas?

·
Registered
47 Posts
they make short throw kits for the accords....

id post the pic but it wont let me till i post more...boooo!

·
Registered
47 Posts
here.....comptech 70ish shipped....

and jsut cut and weld the shaft on the shifter... or you can lower the shaft from the pivot point and it will make the rod shorter and give a shorter throw...

·
Registered
23 Posts
i have the skunk2 knob. i didnt even bother using the adapter bolt because it doesn't hold the boot and it keeps the same height as stock, instead i found a random washer that held the boot up but wouldn't fall down the shaft either. Its a good quick fix im still looking for a better solution

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
here.....comptech 70ish shipped....

and jsut cut and weld the shaft on the shifter... or you can lower the shaft from the pivot point and it will make the rod shorter and give a shorter throw...
I've sent Comptech an email requesting some info, thanks for letting me know about this.

Any other ideas out there guys?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Has anybody checked these guys out for leather boots:

http://shiftstyle.com/index.php

Looks like they make some really nice boots and for $35 bucks that's not bad. Problem is, no boots for 8th Gen. But wait, they will make it for free if it is not listed on their web. Anybody willing to part with their boot for a couple weeks to get this made? Group buy anyone?

·
✔ Verified Member
5,836 Posts
I have the Skunk2 knob and it tighten's perfectly inline without using the nut. Guess I'm one of the lucky one's!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes you are lucky, cause I tried and it was definately not in line.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
9 Posts
just ordered a razo ra96 knob, 340 grams and nice design, and much smaller than the stocker. No shift pattern, but that does not matter to me as only i drive my car. Got that on Friday and should get my shiftstyle boot this week, getting it and ipod integration installed in 1-2 weeks and will post pics.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts