Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1995 Honda Accord EX V6. I was planning to get Eibach pro springs for the 95-97 Accord V6. Even thought my car will only drop 1.4". That's alright because it gives me enough clearence to go through the car wash. I am looking to buy good shocks that will work with the Eibach springs. Anybody have any suggestions?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When getting shocks and lowering springs. Is it necessary to get camber kits? Also when the car is lower, will the car be able to get an alignment?

·
Shifting 5 Gears Baby !!
999 Posts
camber kits are needed if drops are 1.8" or more
less then that a negative camber will help you corner and it "will" cause more wear on the tire

I'm dropped on KYB GR-2 with Tein S Tech
the drop is sooo sick and the comfort is OEM comfort with a drop
I love it and so does everyone else I drive with
camber kit will be installed this weekend

·
Registered
64 Posts
So fellas I got my ride maintinanced... So now moving on to the Suspension.
Here is what I was looking at: Eibach Pro-kit for the V6 and pair those with some GR-2's and then get an alignment after they have settled and see if I need new cambers for better adjustment. This is going to run me about 500 with the Pro's and the GR-2's w/alignment at the local tire whole.
But looking at cowgodv6's ride is really where it gets tough. That is a sick drop. So I will through this out there... Which drop is gonna be more comfort mixed with handling and look? Also cowgodv6 how much where the Tein S Tech's?

·
Shifting 5 Gears Baby !!
999 Posts
Soelknight said:
So fellas I got my ride maintinanced... So now moving on to the Suspension.
Here is what I was looking at: Eibach Pro-kit for the V6 and pair those with some GR-2's and then get an alignment after they have settled and see if I need new cambers for better adjustment. This is going to run me about 500 with the Pro's and the GR-2's w/alignment at the local tire whole.
But looking at cowgodv6's ride is really where it gets tough. That is a sick drop. So I will through this out there... Which drop is gonna be more comfort mixed with handling and look? Also cowgodv6 how much where the Tein S Tech's?
I picked them up for 220$ cdn
that's like 160-170$ USD :)

look on ebay, they have them all the time :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
camber is the possition of the wheel and tire from exact perpendicular to the ground. When you move something down which puts pressure on the wheel it tends to kick the bottom out more then the top. and to correct this they change the camber(+ or -) to compensate for the change. if camber is not correct you chew tires up fast(uneven wear) and get bad gas milage as well as put un wanted stress on your other vital parts on the axels. if done right tho your tires will wear even and will last you longer then if you just slam your car and dont bother to do the right thing to compensate for the lowering.

There is a certain point tho that the stock camber can handle and from what i have heard is about a 1.5"-2" drop on our cars. but you go beyond this then you must drop another 100+ on a good quality camber kit to make everything happy.

Do things right the first time done half ass it.......

·
Shifting 5 Gears Baby !!
999 Posts
Powder11 said:
camber is the possition of the wheel and tire from exact perpendicular to the ground. When you move something down which puts pressure on the wheel it tends to kick the bottom out more then the top. and to correct this they change the camber(+ or -) to compensate for the change. if camber is not correct you chew tires up fast(uneven wear) and get bad gas milage as well as put un wanted stress on your other vital parts on the axels. if done right tho your tires will wear even and will last you longer then if you just slam your car and dont bother to do the right thing to compensate for the lowering.

There is a certain point tho that the stock camber can handle and from what i have heard is about a 1.5"-2" drop on our cars. but you go beyond this then you must drop another 100+ on a good quality camber kit to make everything happy.

Do things right the first time done half ass it.......
exactly
I just installed my camber kit this weekend, with a new set of stabalizer bushings for the swap bar and new ball joints

feels nice and stiff ( no jokes about this )
as for the camber kit, it's good, but I hear a bit of noise when I have extension of the controller arm, metal on metal noise ( camber kit on controller arm )
I will think of something, like a poly shielding for it :)
and the set I bought - R-1 camber kit - front and rear ( rear is just longer bolts ) cost like 120$ shipped to me in canada, so for you guys, it'll be like 80$ :) and corrected 1.75-2 degree front

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'd go w/Yellows or AGX, I guess Illuminas could be thrown in the mix too. I like the adjustables for obvious reasons, the only drawback to the AGX is that the ride heights is not adjustable as with the Illuminas and Yellows. However, the AGX is by far the less costly of the three. I guess it all depends on how much money you have to throw at your suspension. Good luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts