Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Your Mom Drives a Honda
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have searched and not found a definate answer...my rear shocks are going bad faster than my front...going to assume this is because i'm dropped more in the rear...about 1-2 fingers more....and i need to get new shocks but can't drop the money to buy all 4 konis right now...so i was wondering if it would be bad to just replace the rear now and the front in about a month or so....is there any downside to this other than not having matching all around and only having the rear adjustable....won't be bad for the car??

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
some guy is selling tein basics on ebay. used. might try a gander at that. :p

the only issue i see with having konis on the rear and oem on the front is that you would have to match damping, or your car will have some unique handling characteristics you will have to get used to,

which means no more driving like your accustomed to, until you know damn well what the car will do in certain situations with konis on the rear. So your going to have to relearn. As long as the shocks on each axle are the same the only problem you will ahve is the degree of under and oversteer you impart.

the higher your Rear Front spring rate rations move the more you move towards oversteer. this is simply based on the limited suspension talks ive had with guys who do suspension. and from forza motorsports. :rolleye2: ..so dont completely take my word for it. if anyone knows better shoot me, and tell the better story.

I think the same goes with damping, NOT 100% sure though, so you can figure it out going from there.

·
Your Mom Drives a Honda
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks....one more thing...is it going to hurt my car any to run on worn out shocks for maybe a couple of weeks or is it something i should get taken care of now

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
best way to find out is to ask him a question. btw worn out shocks will only mess up your head and rattle your car, otherwise you should be fine,. the bumpstop should take car of any damping you might need

1 - 6 of 6 Posts