Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't find much of anything with searches for this site and Google. Any constructive thoughts on this one my brethren?:cool:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Neuspeed.
Looks like it's just a cable adapter, with the claim that it's not necessary to replace the entire shift mechanism. Anyone gone this route? I've purchased a few B&M short shifters and have been extremely pleased with the change. They don't seem to have one listed for my car. Thanks in advance.

·
I have a MOMO fetish
97 Posts
Shifter mechanism is the same for all 7th gens. Neuspeed and Comptech are basically the same piece and is what we all have for a SS. I didn't think that B&M even made a unit for Accords. Search for neuspeed short shifter and you can get some more detailed info if you need

·
Registered
82 Posts
Can't find much of anything with searches for this site and Google. Any constructive thoughts on this one my brethren?:cool:
Comptech Short Shifter for 03-07 Accord

$69.00
P/N 560-021

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I recently put a B&M shifter in our '99 Civic and it's been worth every penny. We should have done it sooner! Thanks again for the info!

·
Registered
115 Posts
i have the comptech SS in my 06 accord. worth it and then some. really re-invents the drive and makes you appreciate your drive that much more. and it was around 50 dollars. usually you can find one of these kits on EBAY or in the EBAY store. just make sure it is for the accords, cause there are similar kits for the civics

·
Registered
5 Posts
I hope someone still checks this thread... So I got my '06 Accord 5 spd, and I'm really tempted to put in a short shifter. But I am kinda new to the short shifter program, as in I've never done it. So my questions are these: When looking for a short shifter/short shifter kit, what should I be looking for? Should I look for just the shift lever with the ball on the end of it or should I be looking for an entirely new shaft as well? And I have looked on teh Neuspeed site but I don't think I've found what I need: could someone send me a link to the part(s) I need? Will I actually have to cut the shaft and rethread it or what? I know how to do all of that and I feel confident with the disassembly/machining and stuff, but I just don't want to machine it if I don't have to. Any thoughts and advice are greatly appreciated. BTW, that is an awesome DIY for the install. Thanks.

·
Tee-Ooh-Double-Dee
2,701 Posts
The "kit" for our Accords is just an metal extension that attaches to the bottom of the stock shaft. So technically it doesn't shorten the actually shifter shaft, it just shortens the throws. Kind of hard to explain, but basically it changes the pivit of the shifter so it takes less distance to travel from one gear to the next. This is what it should look like...

This is the CT Engineering version. It makes a huge improvement IMO.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Awesome. That's what I was hoping. I can definitely handle that. Would you recommend cutting the shaft as well or does it make that enough of a difference to make it worth the effort?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Has anyone done the neuspeed or comtech with the TSB for 3rd gear popout or notchy? Did you have any problems afterwords? Did it fix it? I am thinking of getting it fixed first then swap.

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
the thrid gear popping out is due to the fluid. I changed it to redline and it stop completely. It pops out once every 500 shift if even that now. lol

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
The regular Honda fluid fixed the problem pretty well for me. I had the TSB done for 3rd gear and that helped as well. However, I haven't changed my MT fluid in awhile................. :banghead:

·
Registered
1 Posts
The "kit" for our Accords is just an metal extension that attaches to the bottom of the stock shaft. So technically it doesn't shorten the actually shifter shaft, it just shortens the throws. Kind of hard to explain, but basically it changes the pivit of the shifter so it takes less distance to travel from one gear to the next. This is what it should look like...

This is the CT Engineering version. It makes a huge improvement IMO.
is there an option to get a shorter throw and shorter shaft? Thanks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts