Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are all short ram intake filters the same size? Im just planning on getting an extra one to replace after it runs on 30,000miles(48,000km)

how often do you guys change your filter? The metal pipe doesnt need to be changed right?

·
Registered
182 Posts
no the metal pipe does not need to be changed, unless it is damaged and most people just clean the aftermarket filters Well brands such as k&N AEM or INJEN Just my input

·
Kevin
718 Posts
I am currently using a K&N 3 in filter, usually you can just clean them with their cleaning kit. Whichever brand you may have, they should also make a cleaning kit.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine isn't a name brand one, but are all filters one size? I might just buy a knm filter or name brand one on ebay

·
Registered
333 Posts
No mine is 31/2 but some are 3 show us wat you bought via a picture or a link to ebay

·
Kevin
718 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's just not going to get as much cold air since it sits at the top of the engine bay. And the more hot air then the less hp gain. So in a way yeah it's worse than a CAI for hp gains.

·
SSM_AV6-6
1,050 Posts
I just bought a universal SRI pipe (had the hole for the sensor right before the TB :) ) and all they had in stock for K&N in 3" was a large cylinder shape one with no cone shape, and I bought a spectre 3" cone in case the K&N doesn't fit behind the battery. I need to cut two inches off the pipe, since mounted to the TB the end almost touches the fender. Hopefully I will have a video up by tonight :)

·
SSM_AV6-6
1,050 Posts
Okay, had to cut another inch or two off. But here she is, installed. For those of you who want an option that puts the filter right in front of the snorkel hole in the fender, this is it. I'm disappointed that the K&N filter didn't fit. It would be really nice if the a-holes put the size on the box. They let me take it out of the box and it seemed to be the same size as the 3" pipe but it was barely too wide; the clamp popped off every time I got it anywhere near tight.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts