Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well when I first got my custome exaust done with the magnas I was not impressed at all. Their a nice sound from 1000- about 3000rpm but then you can barely hear them after that, not sporty at all.
My exaust consisted of 2.5" piping, high flow cat, big a$$ resonator( 2'long to help keep down draoning) Then to 2 Magnaflow mufflers. I went with such a big reson because I wanted to make sure the draoning was kept to a minumum.... not a chance. It's loud(draoning) at certain speed on the highway very annoying. I don't know what to do because it already has a huge res on it so how can I improve!?!
Well with this set up I showed know improvement on a dyno. Plus to top it all off it cost me $1550CND!!
I'd like to change out the magna's to something that will sound better at higher rpms plus not have the extreme droaning on the highway. The draoning kinda takes the classyness and joyness out of the car. Anyone else feeling this way about their magna set up?
Suggestions on new mufflers or settup needed. Thank-you.

·
you gotta rub to dub!
1,126 Posts
2' long reson?? Damn thats big. I have a 12 inch and it sounds sweet. There is sound throughout the rpm band.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BlackV62K2 said:
$1550!!! You should've got dual Greddy EVO2 instead. I have them and couldnt be happier with the way they sound.
Do the Greddy evo's have a loud draonning or is it quieter than magnas? I'll probably put in greddy instead.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
DREW has them and has a video posted.......somewhere

GREDDY= :drool:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Here is an idea: Late model Mustangs have duals and they use two different sizes of mufflers to reduce the drone. The left muffler and right muffler are slightly different sizes (IIRC, the length). Maybe someone building a customized system should try this trick.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just had my Third high flow cat cut out($40 CND). It's not really that louder. I do feel a little more power across the power band. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts