Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know an easy way to silence a creaky headliner? It is driving me insane.

BTW Can I post pics without hosting them on another site?

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Sorry, I moved servers, I'll post to this thread when I get the DIY back online. It involves removing the headliner and padding it with adhesive felt.

be sure it's your headliner and not your door seals that are creaking too. Is it a taptaptap or a rubber squeaky soun d?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's def the headliner. I traced it (while swerving around) to the sunglass holder/lights. I think it the sound is coming from the fiberglass rubbing against the plastic. I thought about taking out the whole assembly and caulking around it but i dunno...

·
Registered
36 Posts
copetecu said:
It's def the headliner. I traced it (while swerving around) to the sunglass holder/lights. I think it the sound is coming from the fiberglass rubbing against the plastic. I thought about taking out the whole assembly and caulking around it but i dunno...
My headliner was only making noise around the map light/sunglasses holder so I removed it and saw the noise was coming from some styrofoam blocks that were glued to the headliner and rubbing against the roof. All I did was cut some small pieces of felt and put them between the roof and stryrofoam blocks. So far it's been quiet but once the weather cools down, I''ll see if I got all the squeaks out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts