Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen this bulbs (looks clear until lit, then orange) offered for the front turn signals on the 2003+ Accords, but not for the rear. The rear is a WY21W bulb. That standard orange bulb looks like crap sitting behind the clear lens.

·
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto
3,545 Posts
The rear turn signal bulb (for sedans) is a 7440 amber bulb.

I also hated the orange bulbs in the clear housings, so I replaced the front turn signal/parking light bulbs with 1157 amber "titanium" bulbs, and the rear turn signals with 7440 amber "chromies" bulbs. Both are chrome bulbs that light up amber. Imo, it is a vast improvement to the look of the car, front and rear. I like the clean look it gives not seeing that orange spot thru the clear lenses in the chrome housings. And they are planty bright enough, imo.

Fyi, here are the bulb specs (in plain english, versus the garbage information in the owner's manual).......

http://www.v6p.net/forums/showthread.php?postid=338055#post338055

·
David who?
148 Posts
03LXV6Guy

Where did you get the 7440 "chromies" from? I've been able to find the 1157 titanium bulbs from APC but nothing for the rear. Any 411 would be appreciated.

·
Old Member
8,915 Posts
i got another brand off of ebay its called silvervison, just type in 7440 chrome amber in the search box.

·
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto
3,545 Posts
03LXV6Guy

Where did you get the 7440 "chromies" from? I've been able to find the 1157 titanium bulbs from APC but nothing for the rear. Any 411 would be appreciated.
I got them off eBay, after not being ebale to find them locally. They were about $10 for a pair shipped.

Like Du3ce said, just search for 7440 chrome amber on eBay, and you should find several choices.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Sorry to bring this back up, but didnt want to make a new one.

Anyway, I got some 7440's off eBay. and the look great and work great, they are 27w, so a little brighter to make up for the tint on it I guess which is great IMO. Anyway they do not fit in all the way. The base is not part of the bulb like the OE ones, which I dont care but I dont want them to fall out inside the light holder and get stuck where you cant get it out.

The bulbs wont push on no more and I dont wana break the bulb trying and I tried HARD, lol...

Any ideas or anyone notice this?

·
Registered
54 Posts
you need to shave the left side of the bulb down so it fits better, the little stub sticking up on the left of this bulb, the rectangle thing sticking up. I used a file to get it down.

·
Registered
406 Posts
for the front signal bulb, is there any difference if i get the 1157 instead of 1157A ? plus, wat other color is almost legal? red, orange, yellow?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts