Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I have silver star low beams. I dug out the receipt and it says 02/01/04. They blew out on thurs night. That's not even 3 months. Fortunately, I payed under $20 for the set.

·
The Poker KING
612 Posts
not really dude, hid's are liek 400+ if you're lucky

he said he got the silverstars for $20 bucks a set, let's say they blow out 5 times, that's just $100 bucks, big difference.

I do agree though, HID is the way to go, but not everyone can afford them.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
one of my hid retros cost me 250, so its not too much, plus i dotn think spending 100 on bulbs a year is a good investment, hid will last you longer then the car

·
Banned
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tignws said:
one of my hid retros cost me 250, so its not too much, plus i dotn think spending 100 on bulbs a year is a good investment, hid will last you longer then the car
I just put the stock ones back in. Price = $free.

·
Registered
370 Posts
They do have a warranty, take em back to where you bought em. = FREE I've had PIAA, Eurolite, Euro Dezigns and Silverstars all for over a year before I changed em and they never blew. The thing that most people forget is that the slightest scratch or fingerprint on the bulb will drastically reduce the life of the bulb. Hid won't last any loner if you put finger prints or a scratch on the bulb either. Just my 2 cents.

·
I'm Rick James B*tch
300 Posts
i got some silverstars for my low beams i didn't get to put them in yet do to rain. plus i'm having troubles getting the stock low beams out.

·
Registered
219 Posts
My buddy has had 3 sets of Silverstars too... I told him to get PIAA Extreme White... I've had them for more than 14 months, and they're still going strong....

HID's... they look real nice but I just can't decide on who to go with...or were to get them

·
7th Gen ACcord
3,671 Posts
LoL. not trying to be an ass or anything but there like a gazillionnnnnn threads on silverstar blowing. btw got mine in december and both still working(knock on wood)

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
hondatuner7 said:
My buddy has had 3 sets of Silverstars too... I told him to get PIAA Extreme White... I've had them for more than 14 months, and they're still going strong....

HID's... they look real nice but I just can't decide on who to go with...or were to get them
stikck with real philips,hella and osram parts and you will be fine, go to hidforum adn post in the Classifieds , im sure soemone has a nice kit for you

·
I'm Rick James B*tch
300 Posts
here's to that

·
Registered
155 Posts
I had one blow out after less than a month. And of coarse it was the drivers side (the one thats a real pain in the ass).
I just put the stock one in and ill be getting hids, as soon as i decide where and from who.

·
Something Something Darkside
4,499 Posts
all aftermarket bulbs suck... even PIAAs... I've heard bulbs last anywhere from 1 month to 2.5 years.
Very very true. I was able to find a shop that let me warranty Eurolite 55w bulbs and they kept blowing.

The fake "HID" bulbs suck because the ones that run higher wattage fry your wiring harness. The lower wattage ones just look bad and you might as well run stock. Save up for HIDs guys. You won't go back. :yes:

·
7yr / 120K
955 Posts
BTW, around here you can buy just 1 silverstar for like 14 bucks so you can replace them at less cost. I have had many different type and most do suck. I am hoping that these will last a while.

I must admit, they look a hell of alot better then many of the blueish coated bulbs. The silverstars have an amazing amount of white light output with just a hint of purpulish. They don't seem to be a dimmed by the coating as many other aftermarket bulbs.

·
I'm Rick James B*tch
300 Posts
here are my silverstars 55 watts

·
I'm Rick James B*tch
300 Posts
where can i get some low price hids???

1 - 20 of 41 Posts