Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this past few days I have been looking for ideas on what to do with my exhaust. My goal is to keep the sound as low as possible, yet make it sound deeper.

So far, I removed the two resonators, and now it sounds great.

The other thing that has always been in my mind is, what if I delete one of the mufflers, all together? When I look at the exhaust, it seems like the piping from the j-pipe goes all the way to the end and then it divides to doesn't look like there is much performance difference anyways.

My idea was either

running stock piping and 1 stock muffler, no resonators.

or running a bit bigger, say 3' piping and 1 stock muffler, no resonators.

As long as I am not loosing power, I do not care about any gains. If I do, thats a plus.

·
Registered
605 Posts
i have 2004 honda accord coupe v6 mt, and i am running a single apexi world2 with no resonators. It looks completely stock except my exhaust looks shiny and sexy. lol

·
Kevin
718 Posts
do you have a sound clip?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was more thinking about running a stock muffler, no resonators, and bigger piping. Not trying to spend that much money on exhaust for now :(

·
az highway 88 touge' king
102 Posts
performance upgrade + not willing to spend the $ = very low success. save up and get something legit. better in the long run.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
performance upgrade + not willing to spend the $ = very low success. save up and get something legit. better in the long run.
Not do be a **** buddy , but if you look on my original post. I said I am not looking for power, just trying to run a single stock muffler with bigger piping. "As long as I don't loose power, I dont care about gains, if I do its a plus"

:)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
v6xjinbo, do you have a sound clip for that? Looking at the price, it sounds pretty reasonable. I might want to get one :p

·
Registered
64 Posts
If you are not worried about performance and want just a single outlet go to a muffler shop and have them make you a custom exhaust. All you need to do is run a pipe from your cat and weld on one of your factory mufflers, simple as that. Should only cost you around $200 depending on where you live.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's what I thought too, but wont it affect the performance drastically? And , will i need to increase the diameter of the piping too or stock size should be fine? And do you think, running one less muffler will make it sound louder/may be ****ty? :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts