Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
J35 6Spd
6,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So now that Sirius and XM are merged together... how does that affect us? is there new equipment required or will we be able to take full advantage of the merger??

·
Banned
1,781 Posts
No, all pre-existing hardware will still receive XM. There is tons of info on the web about it. However, XM radius cannot receive Sirius signals and vice versa so they're going to have to introduce new radios that receive both. So likely XM satellites will broadcast XM channels, sirius satellites will broadcast sirius, and you'll need the new radio to be able to receive the sirius content. There isn't enough bandwidth to be able to broadcast both sirius and xm on one satellite.

·
Banned
1,781 Posts
i canceled my subscription today cause they raised the price from what i paid before from 199 for 2 years to 280.
:werd: I'll be cancelling mine soon if the price doesn't drop. The bandwidth on some channels has gone down noticeably since I bought it in 2005. They're saying $6.99/mo for 50 channels a la carte which would be perfect for me.

·
SC J32A3 Accord
645 Posts
i canceled my subscription today cause they raised the price from what i paid before from 199 for 2 years to 280.
Call them back and say you'll re-subscribe if they give you the $77 for 1 year promo plan, If they ask for a promo code, tell them ZWINBACK. If the customer rep doesn't know the code, hang up and call back for a different one. Be courtesy to the rep because it's really up to the customer rep if they want to give you the promo or not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts