Accord V6 Forum banner
481 - 500 of 536 Posts

·
The Jester
1,352 Posts
Pseudo raw, using the "Tuned" TL Type S map from Hondata with some settings changes for the AV6 (turn off Fuel Pump Control and Secondary ECT) and set the injectors for 410cc. Certainly not good for open loop driving but close enough for closed loop driving.
What he said. I'll start sending logs to Dom again once I replace my primary O2 sensors. They haven't been changed since I've owned the car almost 130k miles.
It's good to hear that this is using some kind of advanced tuning and not a piggyback, waiting anxiously for what this build powerband will look like after a good while of tuning.

With the o2 sensors being that old although it doesn't seem like they need to be changed (had to notice the change over the course of years) there definitely is a change once you finally get them swapped out.

Something that just occured to me though, is 410 going to be enough for a 3.6 within the 80% area? Considering some run them on 3.0s and they run just slightly rich.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #482 ·
Good to hear. Definitely send a datalog to Dom right away, smooth out all of those little things now. I know I had a lot of vibrations at idle too and those have lessened because apparently I was running lean at idle. Even if your sensors are old it will still get it smoother. He should be able to tell you if you're running out of fuel. I know for me the 410s weren't cutting it by 4500RPMs but that was supercharged. Not sure how different it will be non boosted.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
410's on my J30 are plenty. I think I've seen 60% duty at the max and that was when we were messig with afr and dropped it into the 11's. Obviously a J36 will use some more fuel

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #484 ·
Yeah and if his heads are worked to the extent mine are they flow a crap ton of air and will need the extra fuel.

·
Registered
329 Posts
410's on my J30 are plenty. I think I've seen 60% duty at the max and that was when we were messig with afr and dropped it into the 11's. Obviously a J36 will use some more fuel
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the 410s will be enough for the 3.6. I know it's stock, but 310s run the 3.5 so we'll see.

I think it's about time for a build/progress thread tho, so we stop cluttering up Quick's thread. We'll reserve his for the SC J36 and mine for the DTB J36:)?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #486 ·
Haha its fine, no one posts here otherwise. Turns out your heads weren't in good enough shape...gotta wait a little longer now.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #489 ·
Alright either I'm going crazy or I'm blind. Wasn't there someone talking about an aftermarket lower control arm that included some better compliance bushings within the past few months? I'm not finding anything. I thought I was in the performance section...

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
All I recall is custom rear camber arms or solid compliance bushing like Simione has.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #491 ·
Hey, has anyone ever used shafts from Insane Shafts? I was thinking about picking up their 500 HP shafts...I'm hoping those will hold. I really don't want to spend the money on the 1000HP ones.

·
Carpe Diem
3,957 Posts
I have the 500hp version. Installing it later this month so no review yet. I've read good things about these axles on other platforms though. Tim over on EliteCM has them in his beast of a K-build and they seem to have held up well so far.

·
Registered
8,742 Posts
^ isn't tim having a hard time with the axle because he has to take a sledge hammer to them when he needs to remove them?

·
Registered
329 Posts
He did originally, but they worked with him on getting the issue resolve. The customer support was a plus in Tim's book.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #497 ·
Thanks guys. Let me know what you think Ike when you get around to installing them. This will probably be my first project after deployment. It's gonna be miserable waiting so long to drive this fresh build.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #498 ·
Hey guys, on the tail end of deployment. Has anyone found a way around the ****ty rear brake/ebrake setup? I'm tired of them rusting up. This is my fifth set of calipers in the rear and I'm due for another set. Is there a conversion that allows for the traditional rear caliper with the hub ebrake setup?

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
Hey guys, on the tail end of deployment. Has anyone found a way around the ****ty rear brake/ebrake setup? I'm tired of them rusting up. This is my fifth set of calipers in the rear and I'm due for another set. Is there a conversion that allows for the traditional rear caliper with the hub ebrake setup?
04-06 TL rear hubs and cables.....

481 - 500 of 536 Posts