Accord V6 Forum banner
501 - 520 of 536 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #502 ·
So buttoning up a few little things and hopefully the car will finished soon. Well just deleted the AC system, installed a PS cooler and added another electric push fan to help cool.

In case anyone is interested in deleting their AC, you'll need a Dayco belt #5060695. You'll be able to use it with the compressor still installed in case you wish to go back.

Just gotta get an exhaust leak before the turbo fixed and figure out why I can't get rid of a p1077 code. Once that's done I should be able to get the final tune done and see some real numbers.

·
Registered
8,742 Posts
about damn time. GL

when you said slow progress build you meant it

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #504 ·
haha You're telling me. It's almost been four years of trying to build a hardcore set up and I'm finally nearing having a running car for the first time. I finally broke down and bought a daily so I can stop rushing the project car. Picked up a 2017 Accord EX-L coupe 6-6. The biggest challenge is not swapping everything from the 04 to the 17.

·
Registered
8,742 Posts
Message Atlas.46 if you want to get dyno tune. I had IMW dyno tune my car, but Atlas might have some hook up with his shop

Reactions: Atlas.46

·
Registered
329 Posts
So buttoning up a few little things and hopefully the car will finished soon. Well just deleted the AC system, installed a PS cooler and added another electric push fan to help cool.

In case anyone is interested in deleting their AC, you'll need a Dayco belt #5060695. You'll be able to use it with the compressor still installed in case you wish to go back.

Just gotta get an exhaust leak before the turbo fixed and figure out why I can't get rid of a p1077 code. Once that's done I should be able to get the final tune done and see some real numbers.
You're turbo now? When did this happen? What happened to the MP90?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #507 ·
thisaznboi, I've already paid for the tune at a shop in VA beach, Ramey Built. It didn't get the final tune due to a boost control, or lack thereof and an issue with the butterfly valve throwing a check engine light even though it's disabled through hondata. Hondata currently has my flashpro trying to figure it out. My last run on just waste gate, ~6psi was 393whp with 369wtq.

Rich, yeah, the shop had my car all of deployment. Got it back in July. Just working through small issues here and there. Obviously it's a build the shop has never seen before so it's been slow progress, plus my work days have been insane, making it really hard to get any work done on the car. The m90 didn't even make it 3k miles before eating itself. The thrust bearings were bad from day one. You could hear if from the start but I was told that was how it was supposed to sound. Then I finally decided to pull the SC and found the oil would turn silver when you stirred it and you could see gouges on the ends of the rotors where it was making contact with the ends of the housing. That's also when I saw that cylinder six was only running about 1/3 of the compression as the rest. Which, shout out to Dom, Dom managed to etune the car so well that it ran almost completely normal on five cylinders for almost a year before it crapped out. He did wonders considering the shape the engine was in.

·
Registered
8,742 Posts
Dom is my miracle worker also :). You are making so much more power than mine at 6psi. I forgot are you j32 or j35?

Reactions: Rich01

·
Registered
329 Posts
Quick, didn' know you had so many issues man. I thought the new engine was the last of it. Glad things are turning around now.

Ken, he's a J36 member. At least he was, last i checked :)

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Great power for 6psi. We need turbo setup details and pictures.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #511 ·
Yeah its a J36 with custom forged rods and pistons. I think the only area I have room to improve on would be the heads but I'm not really concerned because I'm sure I'll be making far more power than even usable with the current set up. Even the shop was blown away by how much power they got with just 6 psi. Just means I won't need as high as psi as we thought initially to hit my goals...therefore it should last a little longer without the added stress.

I'll get pictures up once I get the final dyno tune sheet so I have something to back up my words...it's such a pain posting pictures here. Either way the turbo I'm using is a Precision 6262.

But yeah, I've been flooded with issues for the past four years. This is the third built engine I've had swapped in, the initial DTB setup never ran due to holes in the welds, which led to the j36 sc build which you already know how that turned out, which led to a NA j36 build (that was supposed to be mated with the m112 SC but I guess that fell through) which ran okay but still plagued with CELs and starting issues which caused the full rebuild and turbo i'm on now.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Pics!!

And Dom still tuning? I just realized I'm on my J37 head tune but have my J30 heads on the car

·
Registered
8,742 Posts
Dom always tuning.Had my car retune because of the increase psi

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #514 ·
Haven't dealt with him for awhile now but I do plan on sending him my finished tune and getting his opinion on it, assuming he's still tuning. After all the work he did for me with that busted engine, I'll always go back and have him smooth things over.

·
Registered
8,742 Posts
I have a dyno tune done and still have Dom tune my car on top of it

·
Registered
329 Posts
Yup, Dom's still working his magic for us. Just sent him a 1 hr log now that Im running a 4" CAI with EGR disabled so he had to add some fuel. Now we need another hour long log during the peak of summer to compare.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Who built this motor?

thisaznboi, I've already paid for the tune at a shop in VA beach, Ramey Built. It didn't get the final tune due to a boost control, or lack thereof and an issue with the butterfly valve throwing a check engine light even though it's disabled through hondata. Hondata currently has my flashpro trying to figure it out. My last run on just waste gate, ~6psi was 393whp with 369wtq.

Rich, yeah, the shop had my car all of deployment. Got it back in July. Just working through small issues here and there. Obviously it's a build the shop has never seen before so it's been slow progress, plus my work days have been insane, making it really hard to get any work done on the car. The m90 didn't even make it 3k miles before eating itself. The thrust bearings were bad from day one. You could hear if from the start but I was told that was how it was supposed to sound. Then I finally decided to pull the SC and found the oil would turn silver when you stirred it and you could see gouges on the ends of the rotors where it was making contact with the ends of the housing. That's also when I saw that cylinder six was only running about 1/3 of the compression as the rest. Which, shout out to Dom, Dom managed to etune the car so well that it ran almost completely normal on five cylinders for almost a year before it crapped out. He did wonders considering the shape the engine was in.

501 - 520 of 536 Posts