Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I feel da need 4 6-speeds
Joined
·
2,313 Posts
So...you just replaced the stock mufflers with the Megan? No catback exhaust system? Hmmmm...beats me why your car would be a lot slower...replacing the mufflers shouldn't make that big of a difference other than sound.
 

·
clean and simple
Joined
·
907 Posts
flyvtec said:
So...you just replaced the stock mufflers with the Megan? No catback exhaust system? Hmmmm...beats me why your car would be a lot slower...replacing the mufflers shouldn't make that big of a difference other than sound.
it does... almost all aftermarket exhaust parts (including comptech mufflers) cause a slight loss in low end power, but reasonable gains in both mid and high end. the only way to not lose low end power is to just keep your stock exhaust :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alright thanks a lot guys...what should i buy to get that low end torque back?
something like an AEM intake?
 

·
I feel da need 4 6-speeds
Joined
·
2,313 Posts
whiteaccordcoupe said:
it does... almost all aftermarket exhaust parts (including comptech mufflers) cause a slight loss in low end power, but reasonable gains in both mid and high end. the only way to not lose low end power is to just keep your stock exhaust :)
Or get a Comptech catback exhaust like I did. ;)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,655 Posts
pulleys and headers to get back lost low end torque from wat ive read... i got the same problem lol...dam magnaflow catback cost me a grand (cdn.)and made the car slower!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
86 Posts
vtek l33t!

get a intake, and you'll feel some gains
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
whiteaccordcoupe said:
it does... almost all aftermarket exhaust parts (including comptech mufflers) cause a slight loss in low end power, but reasonable gains in both mid and high end. the only way to not lose low end power is to just keep your stock exhaust :)
The only dyno that I have seen of just an exhaust was years ago on here by BNut. I think he had the comptech exhaust and it gave him power losses until he hit around 5500 rpms. Unless you have boost or a heavily modified NA it seems as though the losses outweigh the gains. Get a unichip and you can regain a lot of that torque, check out the poll in the general section about the unichip :D
 

·
Drop Dead Gorgeous
Joined
·
913 Posts
DPs Finest said:
i just installed the M-Spec II Muffler (Model Number : MR-MU-MSPECII) and my car seems a lot slower...what could of happened? and if it is a slower than is ther anything i can do to make it faster or at least back to normal acc?
thanks guys

http://www.meganracing.com/products/product_detail.asp?prodid=300
thats the mufflers i installed (dual)

Mufflers add highend and kills lowend I believe... hence you experience slow in acceleration. Until you reach somewhere around 70+, you won't feel any gains. Adding a cold air intake would have given you some feel-able gains.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
249 Posts
Funny I was told buy senior moderator mufflers dont matter. Thanks for this post.

Try a single muffler exaust, 2 are too many to get proper back pressure for low/mid torc.

Keep stock exaust keep power/ pay 1200$ for comptech and loose power....HHMMMMM

There is something very wrong with that dont you think?

Dont tell me the stock mufflers are the best there is for low/mid power

Check out this post
http://www.v6performance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=57356

streight through mufflers are only good for boosted cars
If you like the sound of the megans try with 1 and you'll get about 50% low end back
 

·
6th gen
Joined
·
625 Posts
QuickAccordV6 said:
The only dyno that I have seen of just an exhaust was years ago on here by BNut. I think he had the comptech exhaust and it gave him power losses until he hit around 5500 rpms. Unless you have boost or a heavily modified NA it seems as though the losses outweigh the gains. Get a unichip and you can regain a lot of that torque, check out the poll in the general section about the unichip :D

man.. BNUT...havn't heard that name in years... good times..
 

·
clean and simple
Joined
·
907 Posts
DavesAv6 said:
Funny I was told buy senior moderator mufflers dont matter. Thanks for this post.

Try a single muffler exaust, 2 are too many to get proper back pressure for low/mid torc.

Keep stock exaust keep power/ pay 1200$ for comptech and loose power....HHMMMMM

There is something very wrong with that dont you think?

Dont tell me the stock mufflers are the best there is for low/mid power

Check out this post
http://www.v6performance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=57356

streight through mufflers are only good for boosted cars
If you like the sound of the megans try with 1 and you'll get about 50% low end back
we are still waiting on your dyno :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
249 Posts
I said 2-3 weeks right? I said its in the mail right? ok
and this thread is all about the loss you guys got on aftermarket crap this thread has proved 1 thing for me and thats mufflers do matter contrary to what a senior moderator said. :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
307 Posts
kleptodathief said:
pulleys and headers to get back lost low end torque from wat ive read... i got the same problem lol...dam magnaflow catback cost me a grand (cdn.)and made the car slower!
Cost you a Grand?!?! Damn, mine cost me $425 with free shipping! :)

I didn't notice any drop in torque, let's face it, our cars can't drop much bloody lower!
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top