Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so my car is finally back in spring shape, but my plans for her are to finally get the retros installed, get oem fogs, and get wheel spacers for the rear so I can run more aggressive in the rear.

I also am interested in picking up some small oem/jdm exterior accessories such as oem chrome hood trim, chrome accord license plate frame, jdm window visors, squash air freshener.

So I really just need opinions on the first two, because I know I'm getting the window visors and air freshener for sure. Anyone seen the first two on a CG before?

here's two pictures of my car...

Also if you have any ideas for other oem/jdm accessories I should consider, feel free to let me know. Oh and don't tell me to get rid of all the chrome oem trim, because I actually like the chrome decals and trim. I think it's pretty classy. My mind could change later on though possibly.

·
THLA 2009 Bombsquad
9,831 Posts
Sup Trevor?

Where the hell have you been?

Also,

I have 3 different kinds of squash air freshner sitting around. Want to buy one off of me?

·
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been in winter mode. lol So I just like stopped posting. haha Plus someone hit my car, so I had it in the shop, and it took a month to get in the shop and two days for them to repair it. lol

It looks better than ever right now! Is it a new air freshener you're willing to sell? PM me today, cause I'm prob gonna buy today.

Also, is it worth spending $60 on window visors when they sell on ebay for like $20? I know you have to pay to play, but when it comes to window visors, do you have to pay to play?

i'd pass on the hood trim. But, roof spoiler might be another idea :D
Gilbert, where can I find a roof spoiler? I'll search, but if you have a link, could you pass it along? Idk if I dig roof spoilers on 6th gen coupes. got a pic of one? ps - I wanted to consider hood trim once I saw your trunk trim, and I thought my trunk had too much chrome stuff to begin with, so maybe hood trim would be dope? maybe not too though.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
dude Trevendous03 where have you been? I was getting a little worried since you stopped posting. Sorry to hear about the car but glad that you got it all fixed.

There is a roof spoiler groupbuy that is under way us 6th gen coupes that sunnicali is trying to setup.

Tony you got pm-ed :)

·
Hatin' on me hatin' on me
3,751 Posts
Also, is it worth spending $60 on window visors when they sell on ebay for like $20? I know you have to pay to play, but when it comes to window visors, do you have to pay to play?

Gilbert, where can I find a roof spoiler? I'll search, but if you have a link, could you pass it along? Idk if I dig roof spoilers on 6th gen coupes. got a pic of one? ps - I wanted to consider hood trim once I saw your trunk trim, and I thought my trunk had too much chrome stuff to begin with, so maybe hood trim would be dope? maybe not too though.
Well, it depends on the visor, I recommend the Weathertech in-channel visors, they definitely cost more than the e-bay stick-on visors but i think they're more subtle.

As for the roof spoiler, I have no idea where you'd find one. You can always be innovative and custom fit one :) Otherwise, you can wait on Kevin(Doctor_X)'s group buy thing from AIT Racing.

·
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for thinking of me. Yeah been busy working and spending all my money on photography studio stuff. I'm finally going back to spending on my car again. I've had Cory's retros sitting in my basement since like November? lol I need to install them, but I'm trying to buy some OEM HID right now too.

who's Tony? I'm Trevor.

·
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, it depends on the visor, I recommend the Weathertech in-channel visors, they definitely cost more than the e-bay stick-on visors but i think they're more subtle.

As for the roof spoiler, I have no idea where you'd find one. You can always be innovative and custom fit one :) Otherwise, you can wait on Kevin(Doctor_X)'s group buy thing from AIT Racing.
I'll prob wait on the GB. Yeah I was looking at the Weathertech in-channel ones on TASauto. So those are the best looking in ur opinion? I'll prob get em then. I'm still debating the hood trim.

·
Brad
4,318 Posts
Your car looks fine without the chrome hood trim. Swap out the headlights asap, it'll be worth it once you realize what you've been missing out on.

·
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok Brad... I'll save my money for now and just get the visors and air freshener and save up for finishing the retros and for some fogs. :D I'm just trying to make the front look more beastly without overdoing it. I def don't want a CF hood, so that's out. Maybe the retros and fogs will help it look more beastly.

what about a chrome accord license plate frame? does that look weird or nice? anyone?

btw Brad, I was in Tampa for three days a couple weeks ago. I played golf at Innisbrook with my dad. :)

·
Brad
4,318 Posts
ok Brad... I'll save my money for now and just get the visors and air freshener and save up for finishing the retros and for some fogs. :D

what about a chrome accord license plate frame? does that look weird or nice? anyone?
It all depends on the theme of the car. If someone has a lot of chrome to accent the license plate then I'm sure it would flow nicely. On your car, I'm not so sure. It's not ricey or anything like that, it just might not be the best license plate frame for your particular car.

·
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It all depends on the theme of the car. If someone has a lot of chrome to accent the license plate then I'm sure it would flow nicely. On your car, I'm not so sure. It's not ricey or anything like that, it just might not be the best license plate frame for your particular car.
You may be right... I'm just sick of the Weksos one. It's too crazy. lol Maybe I should find a Rays one, since I have Rays G-games.

Ahhhhh those look sweet! I like the black one with chrome lettering. I'll decide between that and a Rays one. Thanks, man.

·
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah I like the third one down. :D I was in Tampa recently btw.

·
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know. I forgot until like the last day I was down there. My dad and I played golf at Innisbrook Resort. The roads down there are soooooooo nice!! I'd love to live there. Whatever highway Innisbrook is off of was incredibly smooth.

·
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I can't find those frames anywhere btw... everywhere I've looked for 3d accord license plate frame, they're discontinued. :/

·
Brad
4,318 Posts
I know. I forgot until like the last day I was down there. My dad and I played golf at Innisbrook Resort. The roads down there are soooooooo nice!! I'd love to live there. Whatever highway Innisbrook is off of was incredibly smooth.
Yeah you were in Palm Harbor, lots of $$ in that area. I don't think I've had very many problems with the roads down here.

·
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 36 Posts