Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 661 Posts

·
Destroyer of Tires
16,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been brought to my attention that there are threads at times that really don't need to have their own thread. So this is the place to ask your questions that are too small to make your own thread.

RULES:

1) DO NOT MESS UP THIS THREAD. Unnecessary, stupid replies will be deleted. People that are being unnecessarily annoying should be reported to a mod, so that person can be dealt with.

2) DON'T POST UNLESS YOU ARE ASKING A QUESTION OR ANSWERING ONE!

3) DO NOT BE AN ASS OR SARCASTIC! This thread is for all those little questions that don't need their own threads, so don't come in here if you don't want to read them!

4) This is for small/dumb/personal questions. IE: Which one of these wheels should I buy? What oil should I use? What lug nuts should I buy? etc.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, use your head before you post a question that easily could have been found using the search feature. If you think your question deserves its own thread, at least give this one a try first you might be surprised one answer will do the trick.

I may make this for the 6th gen section as well, pending on how this thread does.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'll start. I have an 2006 honda accord EX-L V6. I'm looking for my stock wheels to be flush. I know that if I use my stock aluminum 17" wheels, that I could use 20 MM spacer up front, and a 25 MM spacer out back. I've seen this on Vasekvi's car, and it looks awesome.

But, my question is that I'm going to be running the 09-10 accord coupe 18" wheels, and want me wheels to be that flush. I can't find anywhere what the offset and width is for the two wheels, so I'm trying to figure out how big of spacers to get for the 18" coupe wheels.

·
Destroyer of Tires
16,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Take a ruler and measure how far out you want the wheels to sit. Convert to mm and purchase the spacer in the width you need.

Don't forget to get extended studs if you don't get a spacer with a design similar to Project Kics.

·
Brad
4,318 Posts
Great thread idea Kevin, make one for each subforum...I'm sick and tired of the petty BS threads that have been popping up here & there.

·
M!©[email protected] ¤ ¤ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¤ ¤
2,600 Posts
@Grohe- the '08-'10 Coupe wheels should be, IIRC, 18x8 et55. You can look at the back for the wheel; there should be stamps in the metal with that information.

If those specs are indeed correct, I would recommend spacers of 15mm front / 20mm rear. The OEM Coupe wheels (Vasekvi, et al) are 17x7 et55. For comparison purposes to the 18x8 wheel, those specs would equate to roughly a 17x8 et42.3 (i.e. the outer lip face would be in the same respective location compared to a 17x7 et55 wheel).

More conservatively, you could go with project kics 10mm spacer front. I hope that makes sense :).... My personal preference would be 245/20/18 tires with 15mm F / 20mm R spacers :D

BTW, great thread Kevin :up2: :up2: :up2:

·
Registered
114 Posts
@Grohe- the '08-'10 Coupe wheels should be, IIRC, 18x8 et55. You can look at the back for the wheel; there should be stamps in the metal with that information.

If those specs are indeed correct, I would recommend spacers of 15mm front / 20mm rear. The OEM Coupe wheels (Vasekvi, et al) are 17x7 et55. For comparison purposes to the 18x8 wheel, those specs would equate to roughly a 17x8 et42.3 (i.e. the outer lip face would be in the same respective location compared to a 17x7 et55 wheel).

More conservatively, you could go with project kics 10mm spacer front. I hope that makes sense :).... My personal preference would be 245/20/18 tires with 15mm F / 20mm R spacers :D

BTW, great thread Kevin :up2: :up2: :up2:
Did you mean 20 or 30?

Thanks for the response. Now that I know the offsets, I drew it out in CAD. And you were right, they would both stick out the same distance. So, I'm actually thinking about running 20MM up front, and 25MM out back.

·
Super Mod
6,932 Posts
those of you asking question might want to use bigger font and bold letters so its easier to detect. the ones answering should just keep it at normal font. just an idea.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
has anyone or know of anyone that has done lca on a 7th gen? i don't mean the ingalls camber kit or anything. i mean like the skunk2 beaks blox etc LCA's for like the civic's integras. wondering if it's even possible or even worth it?

·
Destroyer of Tires
16,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't believe it's possible to do rear LCAs like you see on a lot of Civic and Integras. Our cars use multi-link rear suspension, so there's not just one arm. It's a bunch of them all converging at the spindle. I mean I guess you could have a bunch of custom arms but it wouldn't be like it is on a Civic or Integra.

·
NC Fresh
2,071 Posts
has anyone or know of anyone that has done lca on a 7th gen? i don't mean the ingalls camber kit or anything. i mean like the skunk2 beaks blox etc LCA's for like the civic's integras. wondering if it's even possible or even worth it?
I don't believe it's possible to do rear LCAs like you see on a lot of Civic and Integras. Our cars use multi-link rear suspension, so there's not just one arm. It's a bunch of them all converging at the spindle. I mean I guess you could have a bunch of custom arms but it wouldn't be like it is on a Civic or Integra.
Good question, and good answer... i've actually always wondered that....Powdercoated LCA look badass....

·
Destroyer of Tires
16,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah unfortunately there suspension geometry is slightly different than ours in the rear. You could always paint or powdercoat your stock arms though. :gotme:

·
NC Fresh
2,071 Posts
Yeah unfortunately there suspension geometry is slightly different than ours in the rear. You could always paint or powdercoat your stock arms though. :gotme:
wouldn't have the same affect... they are "skinny" colored bars... opposed to LCA that look like beefy pieces of steel... if that makes sense... but i see what your saying! Someone will do it i'm sure.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
yeah. they look more beefy and i kinda like it. it's like, hey look. i have bad ass control arms that no other accord has. haha. but i've always wondered that. like lca's and rear tie bar. but thanks for the response doctor_x and iakona. maybe it's possibe if we get two lca's for each side? haha

btw, this thread was a genius idea. great thread for little simple questions, without making a new thread. *cough haha.

·
DAT Dewd from Dallas MANG
1,533 Posts
help me peeps...

I had a DUMB DRIVER with a unsecured fully loaded trailer 2 cars

in front of me on the highway drop his load on my front

bumper...first he hit a 2011 paper tagged highlander and then 2

bags of wooden things hit my front bumper....

I had to chase the guy down but the cops came and I got evrything

I need...my questions are as follows....

1)should I buy an OEM bumper or a aftermarket OEM like front

bumper?

2)Should I go 06-07 bumper or stay with the 03-05 bumper?

3)Where do you guys get the diff license pate holders from? or do

you just mount the plate on the bumper?

4)Will the front lip affect my ability to go really low in ride

height?

My plan is to run all this year really low....:p

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
of course, all these answers are gonna be IMO, but;

1 - depends on what your budget is. I remember i found a primiered bumper for me (06-07) for like 80-90 bucks. but ya know, gotta get it painted and such.
2 - i think if you have to replace the grille/get the grille if you convert. i believe the 03-05 have the grille and bumper together? ( i don't know for sure, just from what i've looked at ) since the 06-07 bumper and grille are different.

3 - you can get them from honda or any plates place. i wouldn't drill into the bumper. the oem ones have a bracket that attached underneath.

4 - and the lip, all depends on how low you go and what not. it def will affect how you drive, like going up and down driveways and entrances and over speed bumps. like me, if i go over certain speed bumps straight, my frame will hit it. lol . but it's your call.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I am at just over 130000km..

What maintenance should I be doing?

Right now I am going to do:
Oil Change
Transmission Oil Change (possibly the transmission oil filter as well)
Air filters

Also for transmission oil, what is the proper way to truly replace it? People speak of drain and refills, but how many?

·
Registered
30 Posts
OEM FRONT LIP QUESTION!

Bear with me here, I'm new :)

I have a 2003 V6 Coupe V6 6MT. Currently I have the standard, "bubble" type OEM front lip (not HFP)

On the left and right sides of the lip there are black plastic "vent" pieces where the fog lights would normally be installed. [NOTE: these pieces look kind of like a rectangle with a single horizontal line though the middle... unlike other 7th gens which seem to have a grate-like look to them). The passenger-side vent has a closed, sealed backing so that air would not pass through. The driver-side vent is open, almost like a front spoiler.

Is this normal? Or are most 7th gens with the same lips both-open or both-closed?

·
Destroyer of Tires
16,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Will the 06-07 coupe front bumper fit the 06-07 sedan ??
If the 7th gen is anything like the 6th gen then it should bolt up but it won't look perfect without things like the hood and fenders.
OEM FRONT LIP QUESTION!

Bear with me here, I'm new :)

I have a 2003 V6 Coupe V6 6MT. Currently I have the standard, "bubble" type OEM front lip (not HFP)

On the left and right sides of the lip there are black plastic "vent" pieces where the fog lights would normally be installed. [NOTE: these pieces look kind of like a rectangle with a single horizontal line though the middle... unlike other 7th gens which seem to have a grate-like look to them). The passenger-side vent has a closed, sealed backing so that air would not pass through. The driver-side vent is open, almost like a front spoiler.

Is this normal? Or are most 7th gens with the same lips both-open or both-closed?
Post pictures of what you're referring to?

1 - 20 of 661 Posts