Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sooo my car has 77777 miles and i have pcd's j pipe reso where the third cat should be and 3 inch from there back. I just recently took off the third cat and now i noticed a little bit of smoke either when i give it a little off the line but it doesn't continue when i floor it the rest of the way up in the rpms or just drive normal. if i rev it while its in park it will do a small puff but it dissipates b4 the ground and wont do it again. also i cant see it in any of my rear views once i get far enough away it has dissipated already any thoughts?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all i have seen is white but my friend said a tint of blue...

·
Registered
843 Posts
white is coolant w/ noticeable odor
blue is oil
black is extra fuel/running rich

I think it's normal for a little bit of oil to get into the combustion chamber when going WOT in the upper rpms. It is probably more noticeable now that you don't have any cats.

You could do a compression & leakdown test to see if your rings and valve stem seals are in good shape, but if this is only happening when you drive aggressively, I wouldn't be very concerned about it.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What would the odor of the coolant be it definately smells more now that I dont have any cats and I know what cars w/ no cats smell like usually but can you describe the smell of one with coolant? Wat would the cause of that be?

·
Registered
843 Posts
A slightly sweet odor. The head gaskets separate the cooling passages from the cylinders.

If you have a failed head gasket(s), you might see some bubbling in the coolant under the radiator cap. Also, a water/coolant mix getting into one or multiple cylinders would steam clean the spark plugs. You could pull them out and see for yourself. I would suggest marking them, so you know which cylinders are affected.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts