Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my first ticket in the Northern Virginia area. Well today Why did i get a ticket? Heres why. I was trying to get some gas at the nearest station. When I pulled into the gas station I saw that the gas prices were pretty high then the usual. So I left, and there were 2 biker cops standing on the opposite side of the lane. A cop came onto the middle of the road and told me to pull over. So i did. I roll down my window and he tells me that was evading a traffic control device and claims that I've cut through the gas station to avoid a stop sign. Pretty gay huh..I either have to go to court on June 29 or just pay the fine. Since its my first ticket, will my insurance rates go up and if so how much?

·
Just a Regular Member now
963 Posts
Goto to court and explain it to the judge and hopefully get it thrown out. That's a ridiculous ticket since you obviously had to slow down already to pull into the station and then had to slow down again to get out. In fact, goto the scene and take pictures of the area to show the Judge as well. Always goto to court to get out of these types of tickets, because, most insurance will give you one freebie before raising your rates. Wouldn't yo urather that freebie be an actually speeding ticket or something worse?

So, yes, goto court and fight it out.

Dizzy

·
Very New to NoVa!
47 Posts
That sucks...I just moved here and got my first ticket for improper passing on the right...oh well, I was at fault. At least its only $86. Additionally its on my NY license and I havent gotten my VA license yet, so I'm hoping points dont carry over. So Ill wait a little while longer for everything to go through on NY license then make the switch...a bit of a hail mary I know...

·
"Keep It Sleazy"
531 Posts
Remember it's the cops job to prove that you had intent to cut through the gas station to avoid the light.You said that you saw how expesive that the prices were and you decided to leave.No matter what he saw your story is proof enough that you legitamatlly entered and left the gas station with intent to buy gas, only you changed your mind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts