Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As part of the Car & Driver 50th Annv. celebration at Indianapolis Raceway Park I had the opportunity to take 2 & 1/2 hot laps in the FINA McLaren F1 GTR.

All I can say is what a CAR! The course was set up as a high bank oval with a cut through the infield to allow for more curves. We got pretty deep into 3rd or 4th gear as I honestly can't even remember! The damn thing moves! Brakes, incredible! Power, incredible! Handling, incredible! Everything, you name it and that car did.

C&D brought out a host of vehicles for people to drive, ride and look at. The cars included multiple C6 Vette's, GTO's, Viper SRT10's, Subby STi, Mustang GT, SLK 55AMG, Mercedes McLaren SLR, Porsche GT, CTS-V race car, M3 Race car, BMW M-1 race car, McLaren F1 GTR, S65AMG.... and others.

You could autocross a handful of the cars against the editors or bracket race against them as well. The hot laps were performed separate from all the other events. All in all the entire day cost $15 for the ride and $4 for a drink!

What a rush!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do have pictures and video of all my laps, but I don't have any place to host them from.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't get a chance to auto cross as all the positions were filled. They only added the F1 a few days before the event... Happened to be the same day I was registering online. Needless to say, some people were pissed!

·
Banned
3,284 Posts
where the hell was this

1 - 13 of 13 Posts