Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Car Person Wanna-Be
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some questions about them, if I get one, will it take the place of my current aftermarket headunit or can I have them both? Also, where's the best place to buy them and how hard are they to install? I installed my headunit so I imagine it can't be much more difficult than that. What's the best brand to look for? I'm thinking about going with one of the ones that slides out so I can save space. The problem is, i'm only looking to spend around $500, will that buy me a decent one? Sorry, but I have no idea what i'm getting myself into, lol. Any advice/help you guys can give me is greatly appreciated!! Also, if it's important, i'm planning on putting it in my 99 av6 sedan with the double din slots.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
X-IceMurder-X said:
I have some questions about them, if I get one, will it take the place of my current aftermarket headunit or can I have them both?
Generally the DVD units are designed to replace existing head units and take control of the main audio functions including CD playback.

Also, where's the best place to buy them and how hard are they to install? I installed my headunit so I imagine it can't be much more difficult than that.
Buy them from a reputable dealer if you want a warranty; buy them from eBay if you're less risk adverse.

As for installation I know navigation adds wiring complication. To my knowledge standard video units are not significantly different from an install standpoint, but I have not personally installed one.

What's the best brand to look for? I'm thinking about going with one of the ones that slides out so I can save space.
The Pioneer units offer the most features, including built in navigation, but are not stellar audio sources. I hear good things about the Kenwood units. Sadly, Eclipse appears to be on a decline (sound) quality wise. For most people the Pioneer is almost a no brainer.

The problem is, i'm only looking to spend around $500, will that buy me a decent one? Sorry, but I have no idea what i'm getting myself into, lol. Any advice/help you guys can give me is greatly appreciated!! Also, if it's important, i'm planning on putting it in my 99 av6 sedan with the double din slots.
Last I looked, for $500 you will be looking to buy used on eBay. Not necessarily a dead end, as people tend to flip these when they sell their cars or get the credit card bill. :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
i just picked up a gently used pioneer avh 6500 dvd for $500 off a local performance forum, keep your eyes open and you'll find something decent for a decent price

1 - 3 of 3 Posts