Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Superccord
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a couple of days ago or so, I e-mailed a seller on eBay asking him wether or not the problem with the LED tail lights had been fixed.

This is the auction I was asking about: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...=1&item=8076437324&sspagename=ADME:B:AAQ:US:1

This is what I wrote:

"Hello

I am interested in purchasing these headlights. I have a few
questions before I do so.

1. Are these tail lights plug and play? I know it saids so in the
auctions but I know many people who have purchased these
tail lights and they infact were not plug and play. The
connector was not OEM and required modifications in order to
work. Please let me know if this was fixed.

2. Could the brakes be applied while having the turn signals on
and have the lights display the signals correctly? I also know
many people who when had the brakes pressed, their turn
signals would not light up. Was this also fixed?

I am asking because if not this would be false advertising and
would simply be selling a false product. I am curios as to if all
these problems were fixed.

Thank you. "

Today I recieved a response:

"Yes, they are plug and play. This is a second generation where the connector are fixed. The turn signal and braking probleming were fixed in this generation as well. Thank you."

So it appears these tail lights are fixed... Has anyone tried them out and know if these "second generation tail lights" actually work?

Just thought I'd let you guys know.

·
03 silver v6 6mt
150 Posts
I want to know too. I forked out a lot of money last time only to trade it for the headlights you see on my car now.

·
Registered
80 Posts
in the ebay listing it said: "there will not be a tail light warning signal as in other aftermarket LED taillamp"
what does that mean????????

·
keepin' it OG
10,188 Posts
i assume its becuase when you have led taillights, it requires less voltage than regular ones.. so it assumes the taillights are not functioning when it really is..

hence, it give you the emergency taillight light or whatever. i had this problem too, i just took off the led in the cluster.

·
Registered
13 Posts
well sorry to bump this old thread but im new here and im getting my accord pretty soon does anyone have a pic of what it acutally looks like on the car? im 99.9% sure im gonna order it

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'd also like to see this as someone broke my tail lights while in a parking lot and I want to buy them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts