Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
2K1 SyLvRyD
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok so i need money and i'm selling my Zex dry nitrous kit that i have used for about a month and a half

still works great! its the 55/65/75 shot dry setup

comes with a 10lb (unfilled) bottle with a pressure gauge

comes with everything that came originally with the kit

i am looking for $370 shipped

Also i have a RPM window switch, i used it to have the nitrous turn on and off between a certain RPM range. I am looking for $65 shipped for this, if you want to include it in the nitrous kit then add $50. Item goes new for $80. This also comes with homemade adjustable switches that allow you to pick the RPM level. If you wanted to go out and by these they are another $60+

ill have pictures up later today or tomarrow, feel free to PM me or AIM: itsiceitscold or email me at [email protected]

check out my user rating or feedback what ever its called, they are all positive!

here is all the pictures i have for now...

RPM window switch

·
J33 w/TL LSD 6 Speed
1,586 Posts
two questions,
A.) does this work for the 7th gen v6's?
B.) does this include everything necessary for install

·
2K1 SyLvRyD
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
05AV6 said:
two questions,
A.) does this work for the 7th gen v6's?
B.) does this include everything necessary for install

yes this has everything for install

this should work on the 7th gens i dont see why not, you just gotta connect the 2 air lines to the fuel regulator and the intake manafold

·
Mirage Representative
2,581 Posts
Okay, I want dibs for now, while I discuss things with you if that's alright.

What is a "puch button"? What I'm looking to do is put this in a friend's Civic in the form of all she has to do is make sure there's stuff in the bottle, flip an arming switch, and then floor it.

·
2K1 SyLvRyD
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kuya Master said:
Okay, I want dibs for now, while I discuss things with you if that's alright.

What is a "puch button"? What I'm looking to do is put this in a friend's Civic in the form of all she has to do is make sure there's stuff in the bottle, flip an arming switch, and then floor it.
yea then you really dont want a push button anyway, a push button is basically like that of fast and furious where anytime you push the button, the nitrous is put into the engin, not the best.

This kit will have everything you are looking for, however, you will need to get a wot (wide open throttle) switch for when you have it floored. it turns the nitrous on only when you arm the switch and then the gas is pushed all the way down, this is the safest and no push button is needed.

You could also work in the RPM window switch i have and use, this will use the nitrous (if used with the WOT switch) when the gas is all the way down, and only between a certain rpm range

But as for my kit, you can get it and just need a WOT switch (around $30 i think) and your all set, comes with everything needed, well then minus the Nitrous in the tank, you will have to get that filled

·
2K1 SyLvRyD
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh and i would also recomend some newer spark plugs, i heard you could melt your factory plugs with nitrous, but plugs are cheap, just get some with a colder rating and your all set

·
Mirage Representative
2,581 Posts
I was always under the impression that the ZEX kit came with the ability to activate at WOT. On the link to the ZEX official page with the kit, it says:

ZEX said:
ZEX "Dry" nitrous systems activate at wide-open throttle, using advanced electronics that monitor your engine's throttle position sensor. This makes using your nitrous system very easy and reliable.
So if the kit will work without having to buy extra stuff (you obviously didn't need to use the "wire connectors", so I doubt I'll need to), I'm in. Thanks for taking the time to discuss all this with me. I will also need for you to have the installation instructions with it as well.

·
2K1 SyLvRyD
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kuya Master said:
I was always under the impression that the ZEX kit came with the ability to activate at WOT. On the link to the ZEX official page with the kit, it says:

So if the kit will work without having to buy extra stuff (you obviously didn't need to use the "wire connectors", so I doubt I'll need to), I'm in. Thanks for taking the time to discuss all this with me. I will also need for you to have the installation instructions with it as well.
yea i do beleive i have the install instructions, if not you can download them from ZEX. as for the WOT you are talking about. Their are 2 wires connectiong to the control unit, one you connect to an arming switch, the other can go to a WOT switch or pushbutton or RPM window switch or what ever. Their kits do not come with WOT switches, however they are connected and controled with the airintake and ruel regulator which is why i picked ZEX cause ihave read they are the safest and their control unit works great to protect your engine. you could even make your own little switch if you riged a push button switch under you gas pedal so when the pedal is all the way down it hits the push button and works the same as the switch that zex sells that connects to the throttle wire

·
2K1 SyLvRyD
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
this was my 1st kit, i was very new to nitrous, and this kit was very easy to use and install, took me longest to run the steal hose from back to front, and yes you might need to buy some wire to run from the arming switch, of the interior to the control unit in the engin, but again, a few bucks at auto zone

·
Mirage Representative
2,581 Posts
Okay, so a WOT switch isn't needed, because the kit senses the point of WOT by itself. So one final question:

If I buy the kit from you as is, and get the tank filled, will I be able to install and use it without having to get anything else?

·
2K1 SyLvRyD
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well no it doesnt sence wOT, it only controls the correct air/fuel mixture, and addjusts the correct nitrous to be placed in the intake, it doesnt know you have it WOT, but again, if you just want to flor it, and then flick on the arming switch when you have the gas pressed all teh way, and then just turn off the switch when you let off the gas that will work, i had mine set up that way for a run or to unstill my RPM switch came

Yes you will have everything, you might need a wrench of the right size, but yea it comes with everything you will need. Unless you want/need more wire for a few $ at autozone, you are alset, comes with hose, bottle, gauge(which didnt come with the kit) and control unit and i will give you my hose i used to conect to the intake and fuel regulator (but it depends on where you mount the control unit if my hose will be long enough) but again for a few bucks at auto zone you can get it your size, but that would be the same if you bought the kit new,

so to sum it up, yes you will be all set, just add the nitrous

·
2K1 SyLvRyD
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok, just to let you know, the kit is still install on my car, i will need a few days to take it out, i will try tomarrow, i should be able to, if not i will within a few days after, paypal address: [email protected]

1 - 20 of 27 Posts