Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok after numerous phone calls to honda america, I got them to drop the price to 700 which is basically the labor part. This is basically the same thing they did when my headunit failed, they got me the part for free, but I had to pay for the labor installation. Well 700 is still a good amount of money but it beats the 3,200 price they were trying to get out of me first. I even got them to drop it to 1,400 now I got them to drop it to 700. And this seems to be the best offer i can get since I been haggling them for 3 straight days. I also get the 36k mile warrenty on this transmission and honda rep told me if I were to get any transmission failure past the 36k mile they would still help me out. I also get a free rental car...probably a dae woo or something..lol. I am happier then before b/c It could have been worse. Hopefully this rebuilt tranny will last me atleast til 100k or longer.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Its great that your only paying $700, but I still think that Honda should of covered it 100% knowing its past history with bad trannies and if Honda wants a repeat customer. I hope they cover mine should it blow up in the future or its my first and last Honda. My car is already displaying symptoms of a bad tranny but has yet to be rendered inoperable.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I don't get it.... Did your tranny take a crap after your original warranty was out? Why else would you have to pay for anything???

Im cunfused?!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Blue03 said:
My car is already displaying symptoms of a bad tranny but has yet to be rendered inoperable.
What are the signs? Do you hear a loud metal sound during shifts? I get this when Im going from 1st to 2nd occasionaly.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I dont think I should have paid either, but its not like I can sue honda or anything. The warrenty did say 3 year 36k mile warrenty. If honda wanted to they could give me the shaft and make me pay full price. And if that was the case I would get it fixed somewhere else.

·
44 Posts
Hey Tek,
You did fine!! You are right, they could have said 3yr/36M, sorry!!!
Everybody on this board is saying: "this is the last Honda I buy", Well, thats your right, but check out the other car boards, see if the other companies would stand behind their product after the warranty has expired. Some will, most won't. Just my$.02!!!

·
Registered
197 Posts
accordLuvr said:
What are the signs? Do you hear a loud metal sound during shifts? I get this when Im going from 1st to 2nd occasionaly.
No metal sound but a surge/bucking going from 2nd to 3rd gear. Lately its been shifting fine with the warm weather.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts