Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some OEM headlights for the Accord. I think these are off of a 2002 Coupe, while I drive a 2001 Sedan. Are the headlights for the 6th gen universal and nothing has changed? I just wanna make sure of fitment before I get it retrofitted.

Also, I was looking for opinions on blackout. I am going to get these OEM housings blacked out and was wondering what you guys think look the best. Opinions would be great.

One more thing, I'm looking for some nice high beam 9005 bulbs that would "match" my HID retrofit. What would be some nice options out there. The PIAA ones I was looking at seemed pretty nice.

Pics will be up once everything is done. Thanks for the help guys.

·
i<3 S.E.S & Eugene Kim
3,589 Posts
jamezzz122 said:
I bought some OEM headlights for the Accord. I think these are off of a 2002 Coupe, while I drive a 2001 Sedan. Are the headlights for the 6th gen universal and nothing has changed? I just wanna make sure of fitment before I get it retrofitted.

Also, I was looking for opinions on blackout. I am going to get these OEM housings blacked out and was wondering what you guys think look the best. Opinions would be great.

One more thing, I'm looking for some nice high beam 9005 bulbs that would "match" my HID retrofit. What would be some nice options out there. The PIAA ones I was looking at seemed pretty nice.

Pics will be up once everything is done. Thanks for the help guys.

1. all 6th gen head lights are universial, doesnt matter coupe/sedan

2. black out everything....also, u can take off teh amber strip and leave it chromie and do an led conversion

3. i heard those SYLVANIA [ones are good...or PIAA] or just get cheapo ebay hid for ur high beams

·
4.0L
9,440 Posts
^^ yea cause some of us don't know how to do that! haha jp =] i'm a lazy bum...i know.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sentinel said:
i think it's better if you only black out the trim around it, the completely blacked out look isn't as clean..just my opinion..
You talking about the headlight part only and not the corners? I was thinking of that.

I think I am gonna leave the amber though. I sorta like the look of it.

What do you guys mean buy LED conversion? What part would the LEDs replaced. I wanna get all the info first so when I do the retro, I can go all out :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts