Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A use to be good friend owes me $600, hes been avoiding me for the past 6 months, how should I go about getting the money? This guy is hard headed and I dont want to start trouble, PM me if you got an idea.

·
Pedal damn it
3,913 Posts
are you bigger than him? lol jk

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lets just say i could beat his ass everyday, but he is too stupid to understand he owes me
i do understand it was a bad idea to lend him it in the 1st place.

·
I'm stupid with cars
610 Posts
how old are you? if under 18, walk up to his parents

what is your convo like?

you: you owe me money
him: no i don't?

etc etc?

·
POS driver
1,372 Posts
well if he's a good friend..just confront him..and be like..aye dude..im strapped for cash and wat not..i need the money i lent you back...

if not..then small claims court

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well he tells everyone he aint paying me back, so tomorrow im gonna sit outside his house and have a chat with him, nothing violent because i know he will head straight for the new car i got, Evo XIII, makes u hate me too huh?

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
This is why you don't get money involved in a friendship. But it doesn't sound like he was much of a friend if you ask me. Just have a friendly talk with him stating the obvious and tell him that if he doesn't comply that you'll take him to people’s court. Don't threaten him with that though.

·
✠ 2nd Amendment'r ✠
5,355 Posts
Tell him if he doesnt give you the money back soon, or start making payments(keep strict records of everything, even attempts in trying to get money)if he doesnt do that then talk to the police. and build a case against him(with the strict records you have kept)

I just have went through something like this, and the guy is going to end up in jail for fraud and theft 1...dont beat around the bush when it comes to money, friend or not, if you want what is yours you cant involve your emotions.

·
Registered
350 Posts
man sux for you. i got my friends credit cards, and bank card, with pin # as collateral for a 100bux he needed. Always gotta take something as collateral. best luck of gettin the $$

·
Out of my Mind, Somewhere
2,500 Posts
Even if you WIN in small claims court...itis up to you to get the money.....

BEST thing to do is write him off as a friend......I have been here my self......it sucks/hurts and will take about 6 months to forget about it......

Julie

·
aka XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
489 Posts
Ask for payments if he can't come up with 6 bills on the spot, which most can't. If he says no then you take legal action.

It will take you a day to get over him being your friend. Nothing a few beers can't solve.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Remember the scene in A Bronx Tale where C is chasing the guy who owes him money? Sonny pulls him aside and basically tells him it's pointless to chase the guy, for $20 the guy will never bother him again. Think about it.

Julie is right, have fun collecting on a civil judgement.

I personally would make it in his best interest to pay you back. (wink)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts